ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
How To Decide On A Data Center Service Provider?
Total Articles: 3
In today’s world, Data Centers have become an integral part of most business organizations given the rapidly increasing importance of online presence. The Data Centers are the locations where high end servers are located, which in turn are used to provide hosting services to websites, applications, software or databases.
However, most business organizations are still skeptical about moving their information into the servers in foreign locations. With suspicion of the data being compromised, there are still many organizations that prefer to have their information stored in their in-house servers. However, there is no denying the fact that shifting to a data center invariably reduces your IT expenses as compared to having a server in your own premise.
But, now comes the most difficult part. How do you decide on which service provider you should go to from among hundreds of them?
The most important aspect that needs to be kept in mind while deciding on your service provider is the stability and reputation of the organization. Your choice need not necessarily be the oldest data center solutions provider in your country but the brand value of the organization you are associating will only ensure that they are more stable and professional than most other service providers around.
Secondly, the location of the data center is of prime importance too. Most people tend to overlook the importance of the data centers being closely located to your target audience. E.g. If you have website offering online training in computer languages to students in India, it is only wise that you have the website hosted in an Indian data center which will significantly improve the speed and performance of your website.
Thirdly, the infrastructure and security offered by your service provider. The security of the data and the servers are of prime importance to the customers and hence you should make sure that they have taken adequate security measures at their location. 256 bit data encryption, firewalls and latest antivirus editions will ensure that the integrity of the information is not compromised. Physical security methods are equally important, e.g. biometric access to the data center, back-up power systems, power generators, redundant cooling systems and lease lines will ensure high availability.
These are the primary parameters on which you need to judge a data center solutions provider before availing service from the same. The cost or prices offered should never be a deciding factor when it comes to choosing your hosting service provider.
Sandeep has been associated with Ricoh India, the leading Data Center in India provider. Sandeep enlightens the customers about the wide array of Ricoh services such as Cloud Server India, Managed Services, Dedicated Server in India & Disaster Recovery to help them benefit and their businesses grow.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch