ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Three Exceptional European Automakers
Total Articles: 312
When you think of exceptional cars that are built in Europe, does your mind run strictly to cars made by Rolls Royce, BMW, or Mercedes? Perhaps Jaguar and Lamborghini come to mind as well. Each of these makes deserve all the accolades given to them. Still, there are three makes that are, for various reasons, exceptional. Lets take a look at Volvo, Volkswagen, and Audi, the three makes featured in this article.
For a country of just nine million to produce one automaker would be amazing enough. To lay claim to two automakers is simply phenomenal. Both Volvo and Saab are from this particular country which is Sweden. Now a part of Ford Motor Company, Volvo has greatly influenced the automobile industry over the years. Safety standards that had been universally low elsewhere are much more appreciated with Volvo. Front end crumple zones, reinforced roofs and specially designed interiors have all had their origin with Volvo. Out of these high safety standards have come a line of cars that are, indeed, some of the best built and safest cars on the road. Fortunately, through Volvo’s leadership, many automakers around the world have incorporated Volvo’s high safety standard. This is what makes Volvo exceptional in my eyes.
The company that brought to the world the first people’s car, the Beetle, is also exceptional. First designed in Germany during the 1930s, the Beetle survived World War II and was one of the most mass produced and loved cars in the world. From the 1950s forward the Beetle managed to make motorized transportation available to people who otherwise could not afford a car. From college students in the US to migrant workers in Mexico and from the gritty cities of Holland to the Irish farmlands, the Beetle made owning a car affordable the majority of the masses. Even after importation to the US ceased during the 1970s, the Beetle was produced for another generation and sold in Mexico.
Without drawing out the point too far, the term that best describes Audi quattro technology is "superior handling." Perhaps that is an understatement but when Audi introduced quattro all wheel drive the company threw the gauntlet down and told the rest of the auto making world that quattro was the standard by which all luxury sedans would be judged. Audi quattro technology has given the company such a huge advantage over competitors that over the years it has been banned from certain types of racing. Indeed, Audi quattro technology provides continuous traction long past when other road handling schematics have reached their threshold.
So, there you have it. Three truly exceptional automobiles from the European continent, exceptional in ways, perhaps, that should be labeled as extraordinary.
Silverado 1500 Houston
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook