ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
The Major Issues In Android Game Development
Total Articles: 349
We all know Android occupies huge market share and this makes us believe that Android developers are in love with it. But truth is almost different. Some of us will not agree but it is true for developers who deal with graphics based app development. Yes they face difficulties with world’s famous and top most OS known as Android. Developers have to deal with different problems in developing graphics based app like gaming etc.
Recently in Game Developers Conference, held on March 2013, developers raised this issue. In this many developers revealed Android is loathsome for gaming projects. But because of the dominance and popularity they will continue to develop gaming app for Android anyway. And the reason why they keep bothering with the graphics is that Google has not taken any attention towards it. Well it has dedicated webpage for developers. The page says developer should build their app in three steps Enchant Me, Simplify Me, and Amaze Me.
Developers are also getting loads of headache because previously Google’s Android was using Open GL ES2.0 with older versions of OS. If we take example of Apple iOS, they have also faced similar problems but now they have completely solved it out. They keep on improving their platform more and more for graphics and all. Google is also taking steps in solving out these problems recently they have introduced open GL ES3.0 support with Jellybean v4.3. Today application developers are more attracted towards application development for mobile platform. Developers are interested in iOS app development because of the support to graphics and other functionalities.
Other than graphics, developers are also facing issues with the hardware of Android devices. There are many games that are hardware specific, and Android devices use snapdragon and Tegra chipset. They integrate with ARM architecture, graphics, and memory into one package. Together they provide high performance and decrease power consumption but the downside with it is it disappoints those developer games that are based on high-end technologies. It is because the hardware may not support high-end games. And on the other hand in iPhone they don’t need to worry for support of high-end games.
It looks Google have to look onto the hardware more seriously to keep interest among Android developers. Let us hope that as Android will grow old in the market they will improve from these drawbacks. Future of Android is brighter if some of these drawbacks can be resolved. Google also admits that they will hardly able to survive in mobile gaming market if they don’t make changes.
Shubhangi Verma- working as professional technical content writer- For more information about Android application development kindly visits our official website: Rapidsoft Technologies. For any queries call +1 516 515 9871 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Programming Articles1. Dotnet Training In Chennai
2. App Store Optimization Services | How To Increase App Downloads
Author: Richelle Guo
3. Customized E-commerce Portal
Author: cs infotech
4. In Java , How Can We Inherit The Constructor
5. Magento Ecommerce: The Perfect Fit For Your B2b Ecommerce Website
Author: Jonathan Paul
6. Put Things In Proper Perceptions With Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
7. In Java How To Control The Members With In The Class To Access Outside
8. Oops Concept Beginning And Important Steps Of Java Developers
9. 2 Most Important Factors To Take Care Of For An Impactful Web Design
10. Career Options For Java Learners To Make Bright Career
11. Servlet To Develop The Web Application Dynamically
12. Jvm Plays An Important Role In Execution Of Java Program
13. Techno - Software Maintenance Company
Author: Mr Paul James
14. Multithreading To Perform Multiple Task Simultaneously
15. 8 Tips For Your Ecommerce Mobile App Development
Author: Raju Katari