ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Importance Of Protecting Design And To Register Company NameBy Expert Author: Stephan Bell
There are two types of patents; design and utility patent. The former refers to the exterior looks; therefore, it is specially meant to protect design and this mostly includes industrial items. The latter refers to the function or use of a product. If the design of your product has factors that change or enhance the product use, then you can apply for a patent for utility. But if the design entails only the decoration without having an effect on its use, then a patent for design can be applied.
The Need for Protecting Design Patents
The best way to protect your invention is by a patent. Whether you have created a car engine or an innovative wheelchair, it is essential to get its patent. This is because patents are meant to protect design and you obviously would want to make some profits out of your creation. Without it, you cannot prove that the invention was first created by you. It is the product design that you would really want to guard because this is what attracts people to the product. More than this, people can easily steal you idea. Additionally, it can trigger important settlement compensations for the design inventor and effectively prevent knock-offs. Moreover, without a protection, ideas would not be shared in society.
Registering Your Business Name
When you start a business, there are many regulations to comply; one of them is to select a name and trademark sign that is normally associated with it. To register company name is crucial to your business because it is unique to your brand. Both the business and trademark names should be exclusive in order to get approval. Sometimes, your business name can be similar to your trademark. In this case, ensure that the two are unique. Every government has specific rules and regulations for registration; so, it is necessary to fulfill these requirements at the government registration office. In the U.S, the Patent and Trademark Office is the official place to register these names.
Importance of Company Registration
It is very important to register the company name and also the brand logo that are distinctive only to your product. This is what distinguishes manufacturers and their products. It also prevents consumer confusion and they are sure what to buy. Your company name, just like the brand name, is unique and no other business or individual can have the same name. Since, it is exclusive to you your business reputation will be protected and creates an identity. When you go to register, the authorities will check using their database if another business or corporation has the same name. You will be required to change the name if the same has been chosen by another company. Most States have committees to deal with company name registration. Seek the help of a specialized attorney to handle registrations.
Author has specialized in intellectual property law and legal services including services to register company name. In this write up he provides guideline on how to protect design and protecting your business.
Legal Articles1. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
2. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
3. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
4. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
5. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
6. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
7. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
8. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
10. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
11. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
12. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation
13. Contact Experienced Houston Dwi Lawyer To Prove Your Innocence In The Court
14. Succession Planning And Forensic Accounting: Need For Professional Services!
15. Clarify All Your Details Regarding Succession Planning And Accounting Services!
Author: Bob Mussa