ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Pest Be Gone With These Simple Solutions
Total Articles: 170
Do you have creepy critters crawling all over the house while you sleep? Do you hear noises at night that you cannot identify? Pests are very harmful to your home, and if you have them, you need to get rid of them. The article below contains pest control tips you can use to make your home yours again.
Do not expect to get rid of pests by keeping your home clean. It is a myth that you can starve out pests. Many pests can eat things that you would not consider food, like paper or glue. The only way to get rid of pests is to address the problem directly.
Fumigate your home on a regular basis if you have had a pest problem more than one time. Some pests are so populated in an area that it can be next to impossible to keep them out of your home. However, if you take preventative measures, you are more likely to succeed.
Make a routine habit of checking the surfaces and areas surrounding your doors and windows. If they are not tight enough, then moisture and rain might seep in through, getting into the frames. This kind of moist wood is adored by termites and draws them in for a meal.
Look for possible entry points around your home. Bugs and animals can be very creative when it comes to breaking into your home. If you have noticed a new problem, it is possible that they found a new way in. Take a look around the outside and interior home and seal any possibly entryways for pests.
Take away any pet food in the overnight hours. You will also want to take away their water bowl. Bugs like to eat the food and then wash it down with the water bowl. If you are spraying for bugs with pesticide you want to take away the dog bowl before hand.
Avoid using wood chips and straw around the outside of your house when doing gardening or other outdoor hobbies/activities. Pests tend to be drawn to these substances and will eat them or try to live in them. You should consider using stone or rock whenever possible to avoid having issues.
Even if you believe your bedbug problem is gone, be wary. Bedbugs can lay dormant for a year without food. For this reason, you need to make sure you seal all holes and cracks in your floors and walls. You will prevent them from hiding in there.
Are you dealing with ants? Get rid of them by using a mixture of sugar and borax. Sugar acts as an attractant, then the borax will cause them to die when they get to it. Make a trap by blending equal parts borax and sugar in a quart-sized jar. Sprinkle the mixture along the foundation and baseboards of the home.
If you are like most people, you do not want to share your home with insects and rodents. Read and learn some useful information on how you can get rid of your pest problem. Act now so that you can turn on a light at night and not see critters scurrying for cover.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov