ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Hyderabad - City Of Pearls
Total Articles: 34
Widely known for authentic Dum-ka-Biryani, Hyderabad is also famous for pearls. Many tourists won't leave the city without buying them. Hyderabad is popularly known as the 'City of Pearls', even though it is not near to any sea. The pearl market in Hyderabad is wide spread and we can find many experienced merchants in the city. Original pearls are easily available in the market and they come in various sizes, shapes, colours and prices. The city is a centre for trading in India.
The history of pearl trading in Hyderabad city is more than 400 years old. Originally, they were traded from Basra in Persian Gulf. Later, the Nizams traded them in abundance. Craftsmen in Hyderabad were skilled in processing, grading and drilling of pearls and that is what makes Hyderabad an important destination for them.
In the outskirts of Hyderabad, there is a village called Chandampet. It is 10 kms from Tupran on the route to Kamarreddy on Medchal highway road, where the entire population of the village is involved in drilling pearls, a unique skill.
There are three types of pearls available in the city. They are natural, cultured and semi-cultured. Natural ones are obtained from oysters in the sea; usually they are not in a perfect shape.
Cultured ones can be real and natural. They are formed inside an oyster through artificial means; all that are sold in the market are cultured. Semi-cultured are machine-made and come in various shapes and colours. Of the three, the finest quality original ones are highly valued.
The famous and rarest varieties of the lot are the Rice and Basra. The Rice pearl is a tiny variety available only in the selected places of the city like General bazaar, Char Kaman and Gulzar Houz. The second variety Basra is famous for its unmatched sheen, colour and glaze.
Pearls are studded in gold, silver and imitation jewellery. The designs of this jewellery are marvellous and they are used to make different ornaments like pendants, rings, earrings, bangles, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, tie tacks and many more to choose from.
Places to buy in Hyderabad
Pearls are available in every nook and corner of Hyderabad. But if you are looking for variety at affordable prices, then places like Pattargatti and Laad bazaar are best choices. They are also available in markets like Basheerbagh and General bazaar.
Pearls of Hyderabad are admired and possessed by people around the world. The city is a destination for rare, lustrous and various varieties that come in different sizes, shapes, colours and prices. If you are a pearl lover, then Hyderabad city has all of them.
Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC) is a website about Hyderabad city in India that publishes updates, information and opinions on Hyderabad markets, real estate, maps and other topics.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage