ALL >> Education >> View Article
Glamorising English Makes It Difficult To Learn The Language
Total Articles: 34
Glamorising English makes learners keep the language on a high pedestal. As a result, learners think that it is complex to learn. The moment you glamorise, it becomes three times more difficult to learn the language. You will develop a sense of inferiority and feel substandard. This will be the major obstacle to learn. But, in fact English is not that tough to learn. All it needs is a deliberate effort to pursue it.
Who glamorise English?
Only two categories of people glamorise the language. Firstly, those who are ignorant about it. Since they don't know about it, they unnecessarily think high about it. Secondly, those who have low competence (low IQ). Barring English, they do not have other strengths. They glamorise the language to feel good about themselves.
For them English is not a language, it is a style statement. There are people in certain walks of life with elitist mindset. They learn English not because of the language, but because they think it adds to their celebrity status if they speak the language with confidence. They do not make the right use of it.
Real English is plain and simple
The use of a language is to communicate thoughts and feelings, so that the person you are communicating with is able to understand you clearly. It's not about slang, phrases or foreign accent, it's all about being clear.
Highly successful people keep their language simple and straightforward. For example, Jack Welch, the CEO of GE uses plain English in all his writings and lectures, which is very much direct and easily understandable. As a result, he inspires many people to become successful.
Another famous personality from history is Cicero, a Roman Philosopher. People used to admire him when he spoke. He did speak in a glamorous way, but he was not a great achiever. Julius Caesar, a Roman emperor, used to speak in such a way that people used to march after hearing him, and he is considered one of the greatest heroes of all times.
Great personalities didn't use any tactics to attract people. They didn't glamorise the language. Instead they kept it simple. Real language is simple and straight. It is for this reason that English has been given the status of global language.
First, you need to change your mindset that speaking English is glamour, it is then you can learn it quickly and easily. Learning the language is nothing but a skill. Let us repeat, English is a skill like cycling, swimming or driving a car. You can learn only if you stop glamorising it.
Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC) is a website about Hyderabad city in India that publishes updates, information and opinions on Hyderabad markets, real estate, maps and other topics.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar