ALL >> Education >> View Article
Glamorising English Makes It Difficult To Learn The Language
Total Articles: 34
Glamorising English makes learners keep the language on a high pedestal. As a result, learners think that it is complex to learn. The moment you glamorise, it becomes three times more difficult to learn the language. You will develop a sense of inferiority and feel substandard. This will be the major obstacle to learn. But, in fact English is not that tough to learn. All it needs is a deliberate effort to pursue it.
Who glamorise English?
Only two categories of people glamorise the language. Firstly, those who are ignorant about it. Since they don't know about it, they unnecessarily think high about it. Secondly, those who have low competence (low IQ). Barring English, they do not have other strengths. They glamorise the language to feel good about themselves.
For them English is not a language, it is a style statement. There are people in certain walks of life with elitist mindset. They learn English not because of the language, but because they think it adds to their celebrity status if they speak the language with confidence. They do not make the right use of it.
Real English is plain and simple
The use of a language is to communicate thoughts and feelings, so that the person you are communicating with is able to understand you clearly. It's not about slang, phrases or foreign accent, it's all about being clear.
Highly successful people keep their language simple and straightforward. For example, Jack Welch, the CEO of GE uses plain English in all his writings and lectures, which is very much direct and easily understandable. As a result, he inspires many people to become successful.
Another famous personality from history is Cicero, a Roman Philosopher. People used to admire him when he spoke. He did speak in a glamorous way, but he was not a great achiever. Julius Caesar, a Roman emperor, used to speak in such a way that people used to march after hearing him, and he is considered one of the greatest heroes of all times.
Great personalities didn't use any tactics to attract people. They didn't glamorise the language. Instead they kept it simple. Real language is simple and straight. It is for this reason that English has been given the status of global language.
First, you need to change your mindset that speaking English is glamour, it is then you can learn it quickly and easily. Learning the language is nothing but a skill. Let us repeat, English is a skill like cycling, swimming or driving a car. You can learn only if you stop glamorising it.
Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC) is a website about Hyderabad city in India that publishes updates, information and opinions on Hyderabad markets, real estate, maps and other topics.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era