ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
New Utility Vehicles Are Popular, Practical
Total Articles: 312
One of the most popular pieces of outdoor power equipment these days is the utility vehicle. From hunters to handymen, everyone seems to be using them.
Why? The current crop of utility vehicles is practical, powerful and versatile-a far cry from their "golf cart with an attitude" predecessors. So what should you look for in a utility vehicle?
"Take the time to really figure out how you will use a utility vehicle and what type of terrain you will encounter," advises Jerry Sandy, product manager for Husqvarna's HUV utility vehicle line. "Decide up front what accessories and features are required for the types of tasks you plan to accomplish."
Home & Garden-For jobs like brush clearing or hauling supplies to the garden, says Sandy, a compact utility vehicle may fit the bill. Larger tasks such as clearing snow, on the other hand, require a more powerful unit, four-wheel drive and accessories such as a snowplow attachment, tire chains and a cab enclosure.
Property Management-For farmers, ranchers and timber owners, key factors include engine durability, payload capacity and traction for rough terrain. A smooth suspension maximizes comfort when traveling extended distances. Accessories such as windshields, heaters, electric winches and trailer hitches are also important.
Hunting & Fishing-Outdoorsmen will want a utility vehicle that functions well in remote areas, so consider features such as certified rollover protection, four-wheel drive and locking differentials. A wide wheelbase and low center of gravity provide stability in rough conditions, and accessory items such as winches, hood racks, heavy-duty bumpers, and aggressive tires can be helpful.
Automobiles Articles1. Bringing A Revolution In Making Better Drivers
Author: Eesha Zaveri
2. Simulators Can Make A Difference.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
3. What Makes Electric Bikes Safer Than Regular Bikes?
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Five Sensible Tips To Avoid Expensive Car Repair
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. Always Buy Pre-owned Used Car
6. Covers | Cover
7. Applying For Auto Loans? Technology Comes To Your Rescue
Author: Kaitlin Miller
8. Avail Audi Car Dealers Miami Services To Own Your Dream Car
9. Make The Best Finance Deal As You Bring Home The Best Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
10. How To Make A New Bought Car A Cost-effective Investment For Future
Author: James Elston
11. 4 Different Ways Of Carwash When There Is No Car Cleaning Tools At Home
Author: Rhys Gibson
12. Modify Your Chopper To Make It One Of A Kind In The World
Author: Levi Fysh
13. The Auto Mechanic Near Me Dilemma
14. Vectra - Top Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Best Skid Steer Loader Brand In India & Europe
15. Franchise Dealerships Selling Quality Used & Pre-owned Vehicles