ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
New Utility Vehicles Are Popular, Practical
Total Articles: 312
One of the most popular pieces of outdoor power equipment these days is the utility vehicle. From hunters to handymen, everyone seems to be using them.
Why? The current crop of utility vehicles is practical, powerful and versatile-a far cry from their "golf cart with an attitude" predecessors. So what should you look for in a utility vehicle?
"Take the time to really figure out how you will use a utility vehicle and what type of terrain you will encounter," advises Jerry Sandy, product manager for Husqvarna's HUV utility vehicle line. "Decide up front what accessories and features are required for the types of tasks you plan to accomplish."
Home & Garden-For jobs like brush clearing or hauling supplies to the garden, says Sandy, a compact utility vehicle may fit the bill. Larger tasks such as clearing snow, on the other hand, require a more powerful unit, four-wheel drive and accessories such as a snowplow attachment, tire chains and a cab enclosure.
Property Management-For farmers, ranchers and timber owners, key factors include engine durability, payload capacity and traction for rough terrain. A smooth suspension maximizes comfort when traveling extended distances. Accessories such as windshields, heaters, electric winches and trailer hitches are also important.
Hunting & Fishing-Outdoorsmen will want a utility vehicle that functions well in remote areas, so consider features such as certified rollover protection, four-wheel drive and locking differentials. A wide wheelbase and low center of gravity provide stability in rough conditions, and accessory items such as winches, hood racks, heavy-duty bumpers, and aggressive tires can be helpful.
Automobiles Articles1. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
2. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
3. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
4. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
6. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
9. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
10. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
11. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
12. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
13. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car
14. Australian Transport Fuel Tanks On Show Across The World
15. Car Essentials – Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
Author: neel patel