ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Make Jewelry With 1964 Quarters
Total Articles: 3
Washington quarters have been circulated by the United States Treasury since 1932. The 1964 quarter is considered special by many people, because it is the last year that these coins were made out of silver. Coins dated 1964 and earlier were made of "coin silver," a special alloy consisting of 90% pure silver and 10% copper. Because they are nearly sterling in quality, 1964 quarters are great for making jewelry. One way to do this is to make your 1964 quarter into a necklace, using a silver coin bezel.
1. Select a 1964 quarter to make into a necklace. These quarters are readily available at coin stores and pawn shops, and can also be purchased online. The price may vary slightly depending on your location, the condition of the coin and the current price of silver, but you can expect to pay somewhere around $3.00 for the coin. Use a coin that has a good quality "relief," or raised portion of the coin's artwork.
2. Clean and polish the quarter. Hold the coin under running water and rub it between your thumb and forefinger to wash away any surface dirt, then dry the coin with a towel. Open a jar of silver polish, which can be obtained from any jewelry store - links to website. Place the 1964 quarter in the dipping tray and submerge it in the solution for 10 seconds. Remove the coin from the solution and run it under cold water for 10 seconds. Place the coin on the towel and give it a moment to dry.
3. Select a bezel to use for the pendent portion of your necklace. Bezels come in both gold and silver, but silver will look better since the 1964 quarter is also silver. Bezels also come in different styles: plain, diamond cut or rope style. Choose a bezel that matches the style you want the necklace pendant to have. Make sure that the bezel you use is the 24mm size. Coin bezels are made for various types of coins, and 24mm is the size designated for U.S. quarters.
4. Place the coin in the bezel. Use a jeweler's screwdriver to open the bezel. Locate the screw point, located where the loop for the necklace is. Turn the screw counterclockwise to release the tension, allowing the bezel to open. Place the quarter inside the bezel, then close the bezel tightly around the quarter, similar to a frame holding a picture. Use the jeweler's screwdriver to turn the screw clockwise to lock the bezel back into position.
5. Hang the pendant on a chain. Select a necklace or silver chain that is appropriate for the design of the bezel that encases the 1964 quarter. Slide the chain through the loop on the bezel, then close the clasp of the necklace. The 1964 quarter is now displayed decoratively as a necklace pendant - pandoraiuk.com.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar