ALL >> Business >> View Article
Gas Logs For Fireplaces To Imitate Original Burning Wood But Giving Heat Like Real Wood
Total Articles: 21
Logs for fireplaces come in vented and vent-free types. Each type of venting option has its own features. Take a little time to look into them before deciding what kind you want for your fireplace.
Vented gas logs for fireplaces produce a more natural looking flame. They have to be installed in a wood burning fireplace and the heat output and loss is similar to burning wood. They produce soot, which adds to the realistic look. This also contributes to better environment by not releasing the harmful gases in air, which is generally released when you burn real woods in the fireplace.
Vent free gas logs produce a lot more heat than vented logs, produce a less realistic-looking flame, and have to be installed in a fireplace specifically outfitted for vent free logs. They must be installed according to local and state building codes and are not allowed in some areas.
Buying logs requires a little preparation, such as knowing if you have a fireplace in which you can use vent-free gas logs or not and if they are allowed in your area or if you have to use vented gas logs, and the size of your fireplace. You don’t want to put gas fireplace logs that are too small in a very large fireplace because they won’t look right and they won’t operate well.
Logs come in varying sizes from 12 inches to 60 inches. Generally, you want to use logs that are about six inches smaller than the width of your fireplace measured. So if your fireplace is 60 inches wide, logs that are 54 inches long will look and operate best.
Logs come in different styles to look like different types of wood, such as oak, birch, rustic split timbers, pine, and even coal. Another feature of logs is starters. Some logs come can be started with a match light, and are for natural logs. They don’t have a pilot, just a burner with a key valve which controls the height of the flame. Another type of starter is a manual safety pilot, which stays lit all the time. Burners on logs with manual safety pilots are turned on and off with a control knob. Some gas log sets are made with a remote control starter which turns the flames on and controls flame height from a distance.
Before you buy your fireplaces logs, you need to know what type of gas line you have, natural gas or liquid propane, and buy the right logs for the fuel type. If your home already has a line installed in the fireplace, you will most likely want to use the type of fireplaces gas logs that burn that type of gas.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining