ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Mechanics Veto Extending Oil Changes
Total Articles: 312
The nations top mechanics are rejecting the recommendation by some in the auto field that cars can go 5,000 miles or more before oil is changed.
National Institute for Auto-motive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified Master Automobile technicians weighed in on this and other issues in a survey conducted by Valvoline. The survey covered the controversial recommendation and trend toward longer intervals between oil changes, as well as the costs to car owners of delayed maintenance.
Certified Master Automobile Technicians are the best of the best, said ASE President Ron Weiner. They are on the front lines of taking care of todays vehicles and they have definite thoughts on how motorists can participate in making their cars and trucks run better and last longer.
Oil Change Frequency
Mechanics view oil as the lifeblood of the car engine, with 84 percent saying not getting a regular oil change can cause the most problems for a vehicle, when compared to other maintenance issues. Sixty percent said the oil should be changed at 3,000 miles-the longtime, recommended standard.
According to the survey, Valvoline remains the number one choice of ASE Master Automobile Technicians for use in their own cars and trucks, and is the brand of motor oil most recommended by them to customers, friends and relatives.
Changing oil with quality motor oil, like Valvoline, at regular intervals is the best way to prevent damage to your cars engine and keep more money in your pocket, said Valvoline Marketing Director Bryan Emrich. He added that regular oil changes protect the engine and reduce sludge, which can impact engine perfor-mance and cause costly repairs.
Delayed Car Maintenance
While car owners know, intellectually and intuitively, that regular maintenance is important to keeping their four-wheeled investment in safe condition and working order, the reality is that more and more Americans are not listening to conventional and proven wisdom.
The vast majority of mechanics-87 percent-said they believe American car owners are putting off routine maintenance, mostly for cost reasons. Ironically, they overwhelmingly said-at 97 percent-that delayed care will cost an owner much more in the long run, as problems left unattended can multiply and lead to other issues.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe