ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Luxury Vehicles The Amphibious Hydra Spyder
Total Articles: 399
With new products and technology being unveiled daily, I know that a recantation of my upcoming assertion is likely to be forthcoming. We really cannot walk on water! However, thanks to the Cool Amphibious Manufacturers Incorporated (C.A.M.I.), driving across it is not a problem as long as the depth of water is around four feet. So far C.A.M.I. has produced several large unsinkable vehicles, which are Terra Wind and Ford Explorer variants, along with its small and sporty Hydra Spyder. Perhaps such extreme-opposite vehicle types are presented to prove that size really doesn't matter at all when designing these magnificent, dual-transmission amphibious vehicles.
The Hydra Spyder's prototype features a 502 cubic-inch, fuel-injected engine, whereas the production units contain the Corvette LS2 Gen IV engine and a six-speed TKO high-performance manual transmission. It also has front-wheel drive, a four-wheel disc-brake system, 17-inch rims and wheels, and a stainless steel Sidewinder exhaust system. On the boat side, the hull is all aluminum, which doesn rust, and the upper structure is made of fiberglass. A Berkley Marine Jet powers the Hydra Spyder, while a computerized air-ride retractable four-point front and rear suspension system keeps it afloat. All of the additional weight brought on the frame to function as a boat is at the bottom of the vehicle. So, its heaviness does not impact the vehicle's roadworthiness. Transitioning from land to water or vice versa is as simple as switching transmissions from the car's to the boat's.
C.A.M.I's "car-boats" were featured on ABC's Good Morning America and numerous other TV programs, magazines and newspapers worldwide. Although these vehicles can be operated in saltwater, ocean voyages are not recommended. Visit the firm's website for specific pricing, a list of optional features, and to see the vehicles in production.
Automobiles Articles1. Does Your Rv Have Hot Skin?
Author: James Brown
2. What Are The 5 Points To Select The Best Car Transport Service?
Author: Ivan Pavlov
3. Three Features Of The New 2017 Subaru Impreza
Author: Ben Sporn
4. Why You Should Finance Your New Or Used Car
5. How To Select The Best Auto Transport Services Out Of Thousands Competing?
Author: Ivan Pavlov
6. Saab Car Door Mirror In London
7. What Sort Of Points Need To Consider While Purchasing Motorcycle Tyre Online?
Author: My Tyre Point
8. Flexible Led Car Strip Headlight, G5, Gm Stepper Motors In Usa
9. How To Make Your Motorcycle Tour In Australia Successful?
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Know The True Worth Of Car, Classic Or Just Another Junk
Author: Callum Lansell
11. Purchasing Harley Starter Replacement From The Web!
12. How To Purchase Harley Starter Drives?
13. Guidelines On Purchasing Harley Starters!
14. 7 Car Financing Tips For Purchasing A New Or Used Car
Author: Haggerty Ford
15. Buying New Or Pre-owned Vehicles From Car Dealer
Author: Neal Weaver