ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Luxury Vehicles The Amphibious Hydra Spyder
Total Articles: 312
With new products and technology being unveiled daily, I know that a recantation of my upcoming assertion is likely to be forthcoming. We really cannot walk on water! However, thanks to the Cool Amphibious Manufacturers Incorporated (C.A.M.I.), driving across it is not a problem as long as the depth of water is around four feet. So far C.A.M.I. has produced several large unsinkable vehicles, which are Terra Wind and Ford Explorer variants, along with its small and sporty Hydra Spyder. Perhaps such extreme-opposite vehicle types are presented to prove that size really doesn't matter at all when designing these magnificent, dual-transmission amphibious vehicles.
The Hydra Spyder's prototype features a 502 cubic-inch, fuel-injected engine, whereas the production units contain the Corvette LS2 Gen IV engine and a six-speed TKO high-performance manual transmission. It also has front-wheel drive, a four-wheel disc-brake system, 17-inch rims and wheels, and a stainless steel Sidewinder exhaust system. On the boat side, the hull is all aluminum, which doesn rust, and the upper structure is made of fiberglass. A Berkley Marine Jet powers the Hydra Spyder, while a computerized air-ride retractable four-point front and rear suspension system keeps it afloat. All of the additional weight brought on the frame to function as a boat is at the bottom of the vehicle. So, its heaviness does not impact the vehicle's roadworthiness. Transitioning from land to water or vice versa is as simple as switching transmissions from the car's to the boat's.
C.A.M.I's "car-boats" were featured on ABC's Good Morning America and numerous other TV programs, magazines and newspapers worldwide. Although these vehicles can be operated in saltwater, ocean voyages are not recommended. Visit the firm's website for specific pricing, a list of optional features, and to see the vehicles in production.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe