ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Luxury Vehicles The Amphibious Hydra Spyder
Total Articles: 312
With new products and technology being unveiled daily, I know that a recantation of my upcoming assertion is likely to be forthcoming. We really cannot walk on water! However, thanks to the Cool Amphibious Manufacturers Incorporated (C.A.M.I.), driving across it is not a problem as long as the depth of water is around four feet. So far C.A.M.I. has produced several large unsinkable vehicles, which are Terra Wind and Ford Explorer variants, along with its small and sporty Hydra Spyder. Perhaps such extreme-opposite vehicle types are presented to prove that size really doesn't matter at all when designing these magnificent, dual-transmission amphibious vehicles.
The Hydra Spyder's prototype features a 502 cubic-inch, fuel-injected engine, whereas the production units contain the Corvette LS2 Gen IV engine and a six-speed TKO high-performance manual transmission. It also has front-wheel drive, a four-wheel disc-brake system, 17-inch rims and wheels, and a stainless steel Sidewinder exhaust system. On the boat side, the hull is all aluminum, which doesn rust, and the upper structure is made of fiberglass. A Berkley Marine Jet powers the Hydra Spyder, while a computerized air-ride retractable four-point front and rear suspension system keeps it afloat. All of the additional weight brought on the frame to function as a boat is at the bottom of the vehicle. So, its heaviness does not impact the vehicle's roadworthiness. Transitioning from land to water or vice versa is as simple as switching transmissions from the car's to the boat's.
C.A.M.I's "car-boats" were featured on ABC's Good Morning America and numerous other TV programs, magazines and newspapers worldwide. Although these vehicles can be operated in saltwater, ocean voyages are not recommended. Visit the firm's website for specific pricing, a list of optional features, and to see the vehicles in production.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai