ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Comfortable Is A Gulmarg Hotel ?
Total Articles: 76
Gulmarg means meadow of flowers is a popular hill station in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, situated within Himalayas, not very far away from Srinagar. The area is having control of militancy and has quickly become one of the state's most visited destinations. The slopes of Afarwat Hills is one of the longest and highest ski slopes in Asia. Entire hill is guarded by the army at all time and is there everywhere in the cities of Kashmir, Gulmarg does not have any permanent residents and all living in Gulmarg are hotel employees and guests. It is considered as “Heartland of winter sports in India” and was even thought as possible host for 2010 Commonwealth Winter Games and also rated as seventh best ski destination. This resort is famous because of its "Gulmarg Gandola” which is one of the highest cable car in the world.
Here if a Gulmarg Hotel promotes itself as five star, then you cannot expect facilities equivalent to a luxury one but it will be having similar facilities to a budget hotel. The peak season starts with the snowfall in December and lasts until March and during this phase there are good arrangements to accommodate the crowd and hence you can find a Gulmarg hotel providing basic amenities as well as comfort. Gulmarg has around 40 hotels starting from extremely budget accommodation in private huts to hotels that are of a similar standard to a western Bed & Breakfast. The rates for a hotel Gulmarg ranges from INR 500 to 6000 plus and season wise discount is given. The crowd gathers here for extreme sports and outdoor related activities. In the winter, the diverse and extreme terrain combines with torrential snowfall to create a snow destination that is among the best in the world and since the area is under developed, people do not have to stand for hours in long queue as they are doing in other destinations. Many ski professionals has visited the destination and region is so popular that it has been shown in good number of ski films. During summer, temperatures ranging from 25 to 30 °C, Gulmarg attracts outdoor sports fanatics with its world class golfing, trekking, mountain biking, horse riding, water skiing, and fishing. Gulmarg Golf club is the highest green golf course in the world and attracts large number of tourist. Some other places of interest nearby resort are Baba Reshi, Haji Murad at Kreeri and Tangmarg. There is need for stricter regulation to avoid the problem of over tourism. You can visit the place anytime in a year and major attraction for tourists here is skiing and snowboarding.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family