ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Comfortable Is A Gulmarg Hotel ?
Total Articles: 76
Gulmarg means meadow of flowers is a popular hill station in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, situated within Himalayas, not very far away from Srinagar. The area is having control of militancy and has quickly become one of the state's most visited destinations. The slopes of Afarwat Hills is one of the longest and highest ski slopes in Asia. Entire hill is guarded by the army at all time and is there everywhere in the cities of Kashmir, Gulmarg does not have any permanent residents and all living in Gulmarg are hotel employees and guests. It is considered as “Heartland of winter sports in India” and was even thought as possible host for 2010 Commonwealth Winter Games and also rated as seventh best ski destination. This resort is famous because of its "Gulmarg Gandola” which is one of the highest cable car in the world.
Here if a Gulmarg Hotel promotes itself as five star, then you cannot expect facilities equivalent to a luxury one but it will be having similar facilities to a budget hotel. The peak season starts with the snowfall in December and lasts until March and during this phase there are good arrangements to accommodate the crowd and hence you can find a Gulmarg hotel providing basic amenities as well as comfort. Gulmarg has around 40 hotels starting from extremely budget accommodation in private huts to hotels that are of a similar standard to a western Bed & Breakfast. The rates for a hotel Gulmarg ranges from INR 500 to 6000 plus and season wise discount is given. The crowd gathers here for extreme sports and outdoor related activities. In the winter, the diverse and extreme terrain combines with torrential snowfall to create a snow destination that is among the best in the world and since the area is under developed, people do not have to stand for hours in long queue as they are doing in other destinations. Many ski professionals has visited the destination and region is so popular that it has been shown in good number of ski films. During summer, temperatures ranging from 25 to 30 °C, Gulmarg attracts outdoor sports fanatics with its world class golfing, trekking, mountain biking, horse riding, water skiing, and fishing. Gulmarg Golf club is the highest green golf course in the world and attracts large number of tourist. Some other places of interest nearby resort are Baba Reshi, Haji Murad at Kreeri and Tangmarg. There is need for stricter regulation to avoid the problem of over tourism. You can visit the place anytime in a year and major attraction for tourists here is skiing and snowboarding.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David