ALL >> Service >> View Article
Fans And Atex Blowers
Total Articles: 50
The ATEX (ATmosphères EXplosibles) standard directive coordinates various technical and legal conditions throughout Europe to ensure a high level of safety for the end-user by reducing the explosion risk through established design methods.
Since July 1, 2003, equipment manufactured for operation in potentially explosive environments has been required to comply with the EU’s ATEX Manufacturer’s Directive (94/9/EC). The ATEX Directive applies to all countries in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA).
The ATEX Directive places the burden directly on the end-user. The end-user is responsible for the following:
• Prevention of the formation of explosive atmospheres and possible ignition threats
• Evaluating the risk of explosion for their specific atmosphere and process
• Eliminating or reducing the level of risk for a specific atmosphere and/or process
• Classifying the work and equipment environment into “zones/categories” for determining preparation of documentation for explosion protection
• Identifying hazardous areas and utilizing warning signs to alert personnel and equipment suppliers of the potential hazard
• Specifying suitably safe equipment for use in the zone to the engineer or equipment supplier
The end-user is required to evaluate the environment where equipment is to be located and operated. When evaluating hazardous locations, it is important to consider the hazardous material (gases or dusts) itself, how the material may interact with the surroundings (atmosphere, equipment and personnel), likelihood of explosion due to the surroundings, and the level of any anticipated effects.
Since the introduction of the ATEX Directives in 2003, mechanical equipment manufacturers have been subject to similar certification requirements as electrical equipment manufacturers. Fan manufacturers have been allowed to subscribe to the manufacturing process as detailed in the European Standard EN 14986:2006, “Design of fans working in potentially explosive atmospheres,” which provides a guide for meeting the ATEX Directive (94/9/EC).
European Standard EN 14986 outlines manufacturing and design criteria for fan manufacturers to adhere to. Such design requirements include, but are not limited to, permissible material pairings, minimum clearances between rotating elements and the fan casing, casing design, bearing selection, impeller-to-shaft attachment and motor/electrical selection. As long as the fan manufacturer meets the requirements of the European Standard EN 14986:2006, they are in compliance with the ATEX directive (94/9/EC).
CB Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of the highest quality industrial fans throughout the world. Our products are known for their rugged construction and reliable operation. CB Blower offers unmatched flexibility and fan customization, coupled with superior service before and after the sale. We also have the capability to provide parts and service for products not manufactured by Buffalo Blower Co.
For additional information please refer to http://cbblower.com/fanblower.html
Fan and Blower Systems Designer
CB Blower Co.
Service Articles1. Is It Necessary To Hire A Flat Rate Locksmith For Your San Diego Home?
Author: Robert Smith
2. Five Things You Should Know About Embroidery Digitizing
Author: Rahul Kulkarni
3. Virtual Reality In Architectural Design
Author: Kuldeep Bwail
4. 4 Reasons To Hire A Full Home Moving Package Service
Author: Angel Raika
5. Myths And Facts: Regarding Heartworms In Dogs And Mammals
Author: Carol Peter
6. Pogo Customer Support Call: +1-844-305-3103
Author: Pogo Customer Support
7. What Are The Advantages Of Mesh Banner Printing?
Author: Josh Narula
8. Solution Bridge-home Services Jaipur
Author: Solution Bridge
9. Industriesstory - The Leading Online News Portal Is Offering The Great Opportunity For The Entrepren
Author: Industries Story
10. The Role Of A Photo Booth In Every Occasion
Author: iPhoto Lounge
11. Video Production Atlanta – Atlanta Training Videos Should Be Interactive And Engaging!
Author: William Brown
12. Learning English
Author: James Walker is a quality essay writer
13. Choose Your Luxury Cab Rental
Author: Mega Cabs
14. How To Troubleshoot Dell Printer Error 016-302
Author: Lena Smith
15. 13x Molecular Sieve For Oxygen Generator