ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Fans And Blowers Per AtexBy Expert Author: Oleg Tchetchel
The ATEX Directive applies to all countries in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA). ATEX (ATmosphères EXplosibles) is a conglomeration of European Union (EU) directives outlining equipment installed and operated in potentially explosive atmospheres. The ATEX directive coordinates various technical and legal conditions throughout Europe to ensure a high level of safety for the end-user by reducing the explosion risk through established design methods. Since July 1, 2003, equipment manufactured for operation in potentially explosive environments has been required to comply with the EU’s ATEX Manufacturer’s Directive (94/9/EC).
The ATEX Directive places the burden directly on the end-user. The end-user is responsible for the following:
• Prevention of the formation of explosive atmospheres and possible ignition threats
• Evaluating the risk of explosion for their specific atmosphere and process
• Eliminating or reducing the level of risk for a specific atmosphere and/or process
• Classifying the work and equipment environment into “zones/categories” for determining preparation of documentation for explosion protection
• Identifying hazardous areas and utilizing warning signs to alert personnel and equipment suppliers of the potential hazard
• Specifying suitably safe equipment for use in the zone to the engineer or equipment supplier
The end-user is required to evaluate the environment where equipment is to be located and operated. When evaluating hazardous locations, it is important to consider the hazardous material (gases or dusts) itself, how the material may interact with the surroundings (atmosphere, equipment and personnel), likelihood of explosion due to the surroundings, and the level of any anticipated effects.
Since the introduction of the ATEX Directives in 2003, mechanical equipment manufacturers have been subject to similar certification requirements as electrical equipment manufacturers. Fan manufacturers have been allowed to subscribe to the manufacturing process as detailed in the European Standard EN 14986:2006, “Design of fans working in potentially explosive atmospheres,” which provides a guide for meeting the ATEX Directive (94/9/EC).
European Standard EN 14986 outlines manufacturing and design criteria for fan manufacturers to adhere to. Such design requirements include, but are not limited to, permissible material pairings, minimum clearances between rotating elements and the fan casing, casing design, bearing selection, impeller-to-shaft attachment and motor / electrical selection. As long as the fan manufacturer meets the requirements of the European Standard EN 14986:2006, they are in compliance with the ATEX directive (94/9/EC).
Canadian Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of the highest quality industrial fans throughout the world. Our products are known for their rugged construction and reliable operation. Canadian Blower offers unmatched flexibility and fan customization, coupled with superior service before and after the sale. We also have the capability to provide parts and service for products not manufactured by Buffalo Blower Co.
For additional information please refer to http://www.canadianblower.com
Industrial Process Engineer
Canadian Blower Co.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How To Improve The Loading Speed Of Your Ecommerce Website
2. Getting Creative Gifts For Special People In Life
3. Nikon Launch New Nikon D3300
Author: digital cermera
4. Rekindling Romance? Send A Rose To The Special One!
Author: Mark Wilson
5. Find Versatile Office Décor Items From Online Handicraft Store
6. How To Purchase Fine Art Collections Of Gifts Online Without Worrying About Shipping
Author: Racheal Christion
7. Take Care Of Your Lens With Eyeglass Repair Sugar Land
8. An Introduction To Temperature Controls
Author: Ring Hpt Water
9. The Pros And Cons Of Buying Whole Residence Water Clear Out
Author: Ring Hot Water
10. A Small Step Towards A Healthy Living
Author: Dhruv Singh
11. 6 Tips To Select Ladies Leather Purses
Author: Nick Theodore
12. Why Fitness Enthusiast Must Visit Nordic Wellness I Haninge
13. Purchasing Best Quality Musical Instruments Online
Author: Rayhill Audio
14. Magicfit Makes It Easy To Get Your Pre-pregnancy Shape Back
Author: Waist Trainer
15. Get The Costume You Need For The Adult Costume Party You're Attending
Author: Costume Party