ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Is Your Overpriced Home Purchasing Making You A Bonded Labour
Total Articles: 34
Purchasing a home is a huge investment. Many people who buy overpriced homes on loans become bonded labour as they suffer almost 20 years (240 months) paying EMIs (Equated Monthly Instalment) for their home loan.
During the past few years, urban population is increasing significantly. With the fast increase in urbanization, the demand for homes in urban areas has increased. The middle class people known for their ‘future thinking’ are actively buying homes. In this process, they are getting sucked, and becoming bonded labours paying back huge amounts due to overpricing of the realty sector.
Majority of middle class people purchase a home by taking loan from the banks and tend to choose a longer repayment tenure to avoid high EMIs. This makes them pay more than double the amount they have taken as a loan. The seller will be happy as he gets all the amount at once. It's the buyer who suffers by paying monthly instalments for a long period. By paying 1/3rd of his salary towards EMI, it becomes very difficult for a normal employee to get adjusted with the remaining salary.
Let us see the burden on the seller, by taking an example. Suppose, you have purchased a house and took a loan of 10 lakhs from a bank. Assuming interest rate to be 9.75%, you should pay Rs.9,486 EMI if you want to repay in 20 years. After 20 years, you would end up paying Rs.22,76,640. This is excluding processing fee and other charges. It clearly shows that you will be paying 2.2 times the amount you have taken as loan.
Assume you want to repay it in 10 years, then you have to pay Rs.13,078 EMI. But many people cannot afford to pay such huge amount every month towards home loan alone. An average employee in a decent company, today, gets around 15,000 to Rs.20,000 per month. If he spends around 10,000 per month just to repay the loan he has to struggle with the remaining amount of his salary for next ‘ten years’.
The case is worse when you take a flat in an apartment. By the time you finish your instalments, your home will have significant cracks on it. Not even two generations can live in the same apartment that you have bought with your hard-earned money.
So, think twice before investing your hard-earned money in a home. Especially when you are buying it on loan, you are not just investing money, you are giving a commitment for the next twenty 10 or 20 years.
Real Estate section in Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC), provides informative and useful articles on various categories such as real estate guidance, assessing quality of construction, vaastu, real estate – major developments and opinions. Real estate section is especially helpful for people who are looking for information on general analysis, construction, government use, taxes and other Hyderabad real estate related activities.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Get Top Real Estate Developers In Bangalore
2. What To Know About Buying A House
3. Experience The High-class Lifestyle At Ariisto Celestia
Author: Nikku Sharma
4. Is Your Property Broker Cheating You?
Author: Priya Jain
5. What Documents To Check To Avoid Fraud When Buying House/property?
Author: Priya Jain
6. Shriram Chirping Woods – Chirping Happiness In Lives Of All Its Residents
Author: Sapna Singh
7. Apartments In Bellandur: Perfect Investment For Techies From Adjoining Workplaces
Author: Red Coupon
8. A Short And Easy Guide To Purchasing Property In Bulgaria
Author: Andy Turver
9. Looking To Buy Your Dream Home? Know How To Negotiate Property Purchase
Author: Priya Jain
10. Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Author: RC NC
11. Boerne Tx Homes For Sale – Get The Comparable Price With The Help Of Boerne Tx Real Estate Agent!
Author: Richmond Frasier
12. A Potent Force In Real Estate- Suninder Sandha
13. For Prime Real Estate, Istanbul Is The Premier Choice
Author: Hariom Sharan
14. The Support Of Best Luxury Home Designs For Building A Home
Author: Leila Adam
15. Reasons For The Increasing Real Estate Interest In Talegaon