ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Is Your Overpriced Home Purchasing Making You A Bonded Labour
Total Articles: 34
Purchasing a home is a huge investment. Many people who buy overpriced homes on loans become bonded labour as they suffer almost 20 years (240 months) paying EMIs (Equated Monthly Instalment) for their home loan.
During the past few years, urban population is increasing significantly. With the fast increase in urbanization, the demand for homes in urban areas has increased. The middle class people known for their ‘future thinking’ are actively buying homes. In this process, they are getting sucked, and becoming bonded labours paying back huge amounts due to overpricing of the realty sector.
Majority of middle class people purchase a home by taking loan from the banks and tend to choose a longer repayment tenure to avoid high EMIs. This makes them pay more than double the amount they have taken as a loan. The seller will be happy as he gets all the amount at once. It's the buyer who suffers by paying monthly instalments for a long period. By paying 1/3rd of his salary towards EMI, it becomes very difficult for a normal employee to get adjusted with the remaining salary.
Let us see the burden on the seller, by taking an example. Suppose, you have purchased a house and took a loan of 10 lakhs from a bank. Assuming interest rate to be 9.75%, you should pay Rs.9,486 EMI if you want to repay in 20 years. After 20 years, you would end up paying Rs.22,76,640. This is excluding processing fee and other charges. It clearly shows that you will be paying 2.2 times the amount you have taken as loan.
Assume you want to repay it in 10 years, then you have to pay Rs.13,078 EMI. But many people cannot afford to pay such huge amount every month towards home loan alone. An average employee in a decent company, today, gets around 15,000 to Rs.20,000 per month. If he spends around 10,000 per month just to repay the loan he has to struggle with the remaining amount of his salary for next ‘ten years’.
The case is worse when you take a flat in an apartment. By the time you finish your instalments, your home will have significant cracks on it. Not even two generations can live in the same apartment that you have bought with your hard-earned money.
So, think twice before investing your hard-earned money in a home. Especially when you are buying it on loan, you are not just investing money, you are giving a commitment for the next twenty 10 or 20 years.
Real Estate section in Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC), provides informative and useful articles on various categories such as real estate guidance, assessing quality of construction, vaastu, real estate – major developments and opinions. Real estate section is especially helpful for people who are looking for information on general analysis, construction, government use, taxes and other Hyderabad real estate related activities.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Service Apartment For Rent In Bangalore And Mangalore
Author: Paul Wright
2. 2 Phong Cách Thiết Kế Phòng Khách Chung Cư Eco Lake Theo Xu Hướng Trẻ Trung Của Năm 2017
Author: thiết kế phòng khách
3. Top 7 Popular Area For Best Pg’s In Bangalore ( Real Example Inside)
4. Signature Millennia Coming Up With A New Project In Gurgaon Name Signature Global The Millennia
Author: TWINKLE SINGHAL
5. Get A Premium Life At Lodha Lakeshore Greens Dombivali- Flats In Mumbai At Affordable Price
6. Right Time For Independent Living In Kelowna
Author: Adam Levine is the author of this article
7. Be New Technology Savvy & Have A Proper Business Plan
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
8. Boerne Texas Listing Agent Can Help You To Find The Best Cordillera Ranch Homes For Sale!
Author: Richmond Frasier
9. Sean Zarinegar: Going Where Opportunity Takes Him
Author: Sean Zarinegar
10. How To Find Out How Much Lease & Office Space We Need?
Author: novel office
11. Best Residential Projects In Gurgaon, Sohna Road
12. Incredible Piece Of Home Full Of Luxury And Elegance
Author: Shourya Group
13. A Perfect Home With Lavish Living Ensconced In Bountiful Comforts
Author: Shourya Group
14. Sell Your Property In Downtown Dubai
Author: Arash Jalili
15. Find Best Home Builders To Buy Your Dream Home