ALL >> Health >> View Article
Scoliosis: Finding Chiropractic Care In Miami
Total Articles: 452
Scoliosis is a painful, sometimes debilitating condition. If you have scoliosis you know the difficulties of day to day living; everything is changed. Your gait (the way you walk), your posture is compromised which then puts strain and pressure on the rest of your body including your spine, causing discomfort which results in fatigue.
If you have been diagnosed with scoliosis or suspect that you may have it, here are some possible indications that you may be living with in your day to day life. If any of these are the case for you, look into finding a Chiropractor in Miami Beach.
• Scoliosis is defined as being a curvature of the spine which results in ten degrees or more from right to left (right to left view of the body is known as the coronal plane), or front to back deformity (known as the sagittal plane). Both forms cause you to bend in awkward, unnatural ways.
• There may be symptoms of another condition such as spina bifida (a developmental disorder in which the embryonic neural tube never fully closed during formation, causing some of the vertebrae which lay over the spinal cord to remain unfused, unformed, and open).
• Neurological trouble may be present, such as: diminished reflexes, decorticate posturing (arms may be flexed and hands bent inward, legs flexed and feet possibly turned inwards), decerebrate posturing (extremities tend to be extended and rigid).
• Muscle, particularly abdominal, spasticity.
• Neurofibromatosis, “café au lait” spots which present with spots of a light brown color generally in the diameter of 4-6mm.
• Cavovarous deformity, which is an effect seen in the feet of scoliosis sufferers. This is fixed plantar flexion, also called a high instep- abnormally high.
If you are presenting with any of these symptoms, or suspect you are, do not wait to find a Miami chiropractor. If you are even suspicious that you are suffering scoliosis, or you know that you are but have not had success or alleviation in dealing with this disease a chiropractor in Miami Beach is the answer.
A Miami chiropractor will be there to assess and answer all of your questions as well as provide practical help. Make an appointment and find out what is possible for you. During your appointment a few basic assessments will be performed, along with imaging so that your doctor will be able to clearly explain and see the severity of your condition. You will be asked to perform what is known as the Adams Test; you will be asked to bend forward as far as possible. During this test the chiropractor will be able to determine if you have any prominence- if so an X-ray will be the next step. You will also be subject to the use of a scoliometer. A scoliometer is a measurement system by which the curvature of your spine is determined by degrees in angles.
Your Miami Chiropractor will be able to provide you will the best treatment and assistant. Miami Beach Chiropractors are some of the best in the world. Not only will they know the most simplest (but effective) forms of treatment, but also the more complex and involved. You will be given options and professional, compassionate care. They will be able to help you gain your mobility and quality of life back through multiple types of therapy; Physiotherapy, which is non- invasive and involves the use of targeted muscle therapy to correct the complex asymmetry of scoliosis. Occupational therapy, which is used to correct, maintain mobility and level of activity, and learning to work and live with scoliosis; part of this intervention may involve wearing a corrective and supportive brace. If your scoliosis is particularly severe, you may be a candidate for corrective surgery and casting which will greatly improve if not completely cure your condition.
Whatever the level of diagnosis, your Miami chiropractor will be the answer to a long road of discouragement and dead ends. Scoliosis does not have to define you or determine your lifestyle; let the medicine of chiropractic change your life.
For more information on Lincoln Road Spine and Chiropractor Miami Beach. Visit Today - http://www.lincolnroadspine.com
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel