ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
The Rise Of The Android Mobile Operating System
Total Articles: 349
Google Inc. designed Android operating system for low powered devices like smartphones and tablets. We all know that Android has captured almost half of the globe market share and it is increasing day by day. It is easy to explain the popularity of Android operating system because we all are familiar with this OS. It is also easy to explain the dominance of the Android because of being freely available. This makes Android OS supported by number of vendors like Samsung, HTC, LG, and Sony Ericsson etc.
Let me give you a rapid flashback, Google acquired Android on August 17th 2005 from the Android Inc. that was founded by Palo Alto, California in October 2003.Google raised the curtain from the Android OS on 5th November 2007. They formed the Open Handset Alliance, with device manufacturers as HTC, Samsung, wireless carriers as T-Mobile and Chipset as Qualcomm. The first commercially release to run Android was HTC dream on 22nd October 2008. The first version released as Android 1.0 and naming starts from 1.5 Cupcake and now it’s been up to Jellybean 4.3 and Google already announces next version to be KitKat 4.4.
If I talk more on history, I remember it has made entry with just 50 applications on October 2008 and the market is made available to users on 28th October 2008. And now Android Market ranks second in the collection of applications available i.e. it has officially 876380 apps and counting. Now that’s a huge jump in just a couple of the years. Back in June Google announced that they are activating half a million Android devices everyday. And yes this figure includes tablets too. We all can see the huge difference here as the number of users in Android platform increases demand for app is also increasing. On the daily basis we download and install number of Android application form the store.
According to the latest market research done by IDC, it states that it has occupied 79.3% of the market shares. Thus, it has gone way ahead by beating iOS, Blackberry, Windows and other OS. Previously the kings of smartphones were iOS and Blackberry but in just couple of year Android managed to beat them. The recent update shows that iOS has 13.2% of the market shares while Windows occupies 3.7%, and 2.9% of shares is with Blackberry.
Nowadays user opt phones for more feature, functionality and options. And to meet the demands Mobile application developers are now looking for Android app development. Android Application Development is in hike because of the support from application development communities. Many companies develop Android apps but we at Rapidsoft Technologies provide you the best.
Computer Programming Articles1. Get Help Quicken Customer Service 1877-200-2151
Author: Rajeev Ranjan
2. Why Selenium Training Is So Trendy In Automation Testing
Author: Siyaram ray
3. Boost Ios Trending Searches, &*9increase The Search Results And Ranking | Tapaso
Author: Richelle Guo
4. How Cloud Will Support The Internet Of Things (iot)
Author: saarah williams
5. Et Connect Llc- A Comprehensive Service Provider For Software Applications &website Solutions!
Author: Angela Gardner
6. Why Encapsulation Is Required In Java
7. Servlet Packages And Task In Java
8. Special Features Of Java Programming Language
9. Herrliches Langes Kleid Und Unschätzbare Schmuckstücke
Author: Herrliches langes Kleid und unschätzbare Schmuckst
10. Classes & Interfaces Of Collection Framework In Java
11. Types Of Control Statement In Java
12. Concentric – The Alfresco Development & Content Management System Service Provider Company
Author: Kalpesh Patel
13. Annotations To Represent The Metadata In Java
14. 6 Amazing Benefits That Seo Packages In Sydney Brings For Your Small Startup Business
Author: Shilpa Sharma
15. Why We Used Inner Classes In Java