ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Natural Stones For Floors And WallsBy Expert Author: john jerllin
The Natural Stone Tiles cost just a little more than the ordinary ceramic alternatives, but they provide a highly elegant appearance of the bathroom walls. These Stone Tiles include marble, limestone, granite etc. The process of installation of these alternatives is the same as that in the case of the standard tiles. There are very cheap rocks as well as highly expensive rocks. Among the three varieties, granite is the hardest as well as more durable. Curves and holes are made in granite using entirely different techniques. Granite can be cut with diamond blade tool only. The jigsaw blades that are used to cut marble are not suitable for cutting granite. The suppliers provide the best décor solutions for kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms and also in commercial buildings. Through the products that they provide they ensure the reflection of real natural beauty. Travertine is another alternative that belongs to this category. Travertine is softer than limestone and it provides maximum warmth.
The tiles that are made from a host of mountain rocks like marble, slate, travertine, lime, sand and granite rock are known as Natural Stone Tiles. The Stone Tiles of each type differ slightly in their characteristic features. The tiles of a particular natural rock for a specific purpose are chosen after studying the characters of the particular model. There are five fundamental aspects that decide the properties of a natural material. These 5 aspects are absorption rating, grade, friction coefficient, indoor Vs outdoor rating and oxidation. There are four levels of absorption – non-vitreous, semi-vitreous, vitreous and specific tile absorption rate. The grading system is followed to decide the quality. The best quality alternatives are of Grade 1, those with minor defects are of Grade 2 and those with serious defects are of Grade 3. The coefficient of friction denotes how slippery they are. It will be of more traction if it has a higher coefficient of friction. Based on the various characteristics one has to decide whether the rock is to be used for indoors or for outdoors. The rocks that contain traces of iron can get oxidized and will be degenerated over time.
Since these alternatives are unique materials gifted by earth the floors and walls that are made with these stones are also unique as well as the most natural. The tiles made from these stones are eco-friendly since they are purely natural materials. Since these stones are mountain born they are non-polluting and are considered as the most unique building materials.
Are you searching for the HONED STONE TILE then you are at the right place. jerusalemstoneuk.co.uk is the best place where you can find largest selection of premium authentic natural stone tiles available at affordable prices. For more details about Aged natural stone tiles, click here to visit our website.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald