ALL >> Health >> View Article
What To Do When Your Teeth Sore From Braces
Total Articles: 31
Oh, how those braces hurt! They are giving you such discomfort since the day they were placed on your teeth. Now, you are beginning to regret your decision to have braces. Don’t be because this is just normal. Your head will ache, there’s a bit of pressure whenever you bite and worse, wires poke your inner cheek, lips, tongue and gums. They are all parts of the process. All you need to do is to follow the instructions of your dentist in Chandler AZ and consider these simple steps to stop the pain:
Opt for cold drinks.
Aside from being refreshing, cold beverages numb teeth. However, avoid drinking soda and those that are sugary because sugar can accumulate on your teeth and discolor them.
Take pain relievers.
Request for prescription from your dentist so you will know if you can take painkillers and which ones should you buy, as well as the dosage to follow.
Ask for dental wax from your dentist in Chandler AZ.
Dental wax will protect your mouth from the sharp edges of the wires, as well as from the pointed areas of the metal brackets because it helps reduce the incidence of rubbing your gums and inner cheek against them. Ask your tooth doctor on how to apply it correctly or follow instructions that can be found at the packaging. You may request for a flavored wax if you know you will feel uncomfortable with the non-flavored one because it does not taste good. Remember to replace it each morning.
Rinse your mouth using warm water with salt.
If you have no time to go out to buy painkillers, you can just rinse your mouth with warm water mixed with a teaspoon of salt. Dissolve the salt before using. Do this several times a day. This solution has the ability to heal mouth sores.
This is not saying that you drink alcohol. A glass of wine is enough to at least relieve you of the pain. But if you are not of legal age, forget about the wine and choose other options above. Opt for white wine because the red one will cause discoloration on your teeth. Similarly, do not drink wine if you have taken (or you are thinking of taking) pain relievers as this may not be good.
Place warm pack on your jaw.
If your braces are starting to be painful, get a warm pack and place it on your jaw. If no warm pack is available, you can just soak a washcloth in the warm water.
Consume soft foods.
Do not eat foods that are difficult to chew as they will only add pressure to your teeth and cause you more pain. Stick to soft foods like applesauce and yogurt.
Apply mouth sore gel.
Buy mouth sore gel in a nearby drug store and apply it on the sore parts. Do not forget to read the label for correct instructions. Avoid swallowing it.
Just be patient; the pain will be gone after a while and as soon as you get used to it. Follow appointment schedules set by your dentist in Chandler AZ.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men