ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Things You Should Know About Web Hosting
Total Articles: 154
A reliable web host is sometimes hard to come by, particularly if you have multiple needs. There is such a large number of companies from which to choose that it is difficult to select the best one for you. Take the information in this article, and use it to locate a web hosting company that is a good match for you.
Ask about any security the web host may provide. In today's world, websites are frequently under attack, and there are various possible threats. Be absolutely certain your host has steps in place to handle any common threats like DDoS attacks. Ask your host how these attacks could affect your website.
Choose a web host that does not have constant outages. Choose a provider who has specific plans for dealing with an outage and one who does not shirk the blame onto someone else. Frequent outages are a sign of a unprofessional business, so do not make a commitment to such a company.
Choose a host that doesn't have many outages. A lot of companies make up excuses for outages, but this is a sign that are not planning ahead of time. Web hosts that experience frequent outages cannot provide you with top-quality service, and you should not commit to any contracts with these types of companies.
Check to see if the host you are interested in offers a money back guarantee. If you don't like the service within about 30 days, you should be able to cancel it and get your money back. Know what the money-back guarantee covers before you sign up so you don't get stuck with a bad web host.
Choose a host that will allow your growth. A simple HTML page doesn't require much space, but adding videos and pictures quickly causes you to be in need of much more space. You should have plenty of space for development, if you have 100MB of available storage space.
You want to select a web host who has a cPanel available. A cPanel will allow you to easily add applications to your site. Applications, such as these, are incredibly easy to install and make the perfect middle man for management between you and your hosted files. Not to mention, it will help remove a lot of the excess clutter that might go by unnoticed to the non-machine eye and help your website function with less memory and higher speeds.
Get a web host with many hosting awards. This method is great for judging a host's support and service. Having an award is a good indication that the web hosting company is reliable and has many satisfied customers. Look for a host with a lot of awards requiring votes from their clients.
If you don't know much about web servers, it would serve you well to choose a host which offers top-notch customer support. As your experience develops, you'll find yourself with a lot of questions that a good host can help you answer. Good tech support beats any number of extra bells and whistles hands down.
As seen here, picking the right web host to use for your website doesn't have to be a hard task. Just be sure that you know the things you are doing, and you will surely find a good host easily. Use this article's tips to find the best web host for your website.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch