ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are Major Madurai Tourist Places To See ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai is the third largest city in Tamil Nadu and located on the banks of river Vaigai also known as City of temples,tourists from different parts of India visit Madurai throughout the year. There are lots of places to visit in Madurai and some of the well-known tourist attractions are Mariamman Teppakulam, Thirupparankundram Temple, Thirumalai Nayak Palace and Sri Meenakshi Temple and these places help you to fresh your mood. A sightseeing tour of Madurai is the best option to relax and enjoy. The Mariamman Teppakulam is one of the most well known places of interest of Madurai and is the biggest temple tank and is located near the Meenakshi temple. The Thirupparankundram temple is another famous one where many images of Hindu deities are carved on the walls. The Thirumalai Nayak Palace is one of the reputed tourist destinations in Madurai.The Sri Meenakshi Temple is one of the most leading places of interest at Madurai and the dual shrines of the temple are dedicated to Lord Sundareshvara, ie Shiva and Meenakshi. Kazimar Big Mosque and Maqbara is situated quite nearby Madurai Railway Junction and was constructed in 13th century by Hazrat Kazi Syed Tajuddin. The mosque is popularly known as Periya Pallivasal, meaning the Big Mosque, which can accommodate around 2,500 people. The Maqbara, which is the dargah of descendants of Prophet Muhammad, is located within the premises of the mosque. Madurai is popularly called Thoonga Nagaram, as this city is having active night life. The city is constructed in the form of a lotus and is known as lotus city too.
Every year several tourists come to visit Madurai tourist places, and is known for lip smacking spicy delicacies, in snow cloud mountains, beaches, stunning nature. South is mainly famous for greenery, splendid beauty and attracts both Indian and foreigners. There are plenty of hotels for Madurai tourist places catering to the needs of all segments of people with modern equipped amenities. People prefers to stay nearby main attractions like Sri Meenakshi temple, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Gandhi Museum. Most of the hotels in Madurai have restaurants so people do not have to go for eating outside which is an additional benefit. If on business trip, and doing the office work whole day or on leisure holiday and roaming around the city for places of interest or shopping, people find hotels with restaurant more convenient. There are comfortable and classically styled guesthouses and all rooms in Madurai are centrally air-conditioned with mini-bars, flat screen LCD TVs, wireless internet access, luxury bedding in addition to a refrigerator. Hotels having Premium rooms are equipped with Wifi, eco-friendly bath products.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson