ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Swimming Pool Filter Specifies For Filtration Performance And Initial CostBy Expert Author: Nick Carter
There are three main types of swimming pool filter: Cartridge, sand, and diatomaceous earth. When choosing a filter, filtration performance and initial cost are important considerations. Maintenance effort and cost are also important. These are more difficult to know beforehand as they depend on how dirty the pool water is and the size of the filter relative to the size of the pool. The filter change numbers given below are based on manufacturer’s recommendations and user reviews and will vary depending on actual conditions.
He filter should be washed or replaced, when the filter begins to be blocked by trapped dirt. This is determined by comparing either water flow-rate or filter water pressure, against the numbers when the filter was new. Details will be in the manufacturer's owner's manual. The filter should have a built-in pressure gauge. Cheaper cartridge filters do not have a pressure gauge. It's therefore necessary to eye-ball the cartridge condition, water flow-rate, or pool clarity.
Cartridge swimming pool filter these are the cheapest type of filter and are often supplied together with above ground pools. Advantages low initial cost. Easy to install and setup. Easy to maintain, just clean or replace the cartridge, but with daily or weekly effort. Medium filtration performance, Disadvantages Frequent filters washings and replacement required. Shops might not sell filters all year round, and the cost of replacement filters adds up.
Filters need to be manually hosed down for cleaning. There is no backwash setting. Special filter cleaning solutions are available for more thorough cleaning. Slow sand filters this traditional design of filter typically has a bed 1 to 2 meters deep, and can be rectangular or cylindrical in cross section; it is used primarily to treat surface water. Slow sand filters have a number of unique qualities: use biological processes and are non-pressurized systems. Do not require chemicals or electricity to operate.
Cleaning is traditionally by mechanical scraper; however, some operators use “wet harrowing”, where the sand is scraped while still under water, and the water used for cleaning is drained to waste. Maximum required throughput of water is achievable with one or more beds out of service. Require relatively low feed turbidity levels. Produce water at a slow, constant flow rate and are usually used in conjunction with a storage tank for peak usage.
The article is written by the person webpoolsupply who is having keen interest in swimming pool supply store webpoolsupply and is very updated to new webpoolsupply products basically on clean a pool filter, Pool Filter Parts, Swimming Pool Parts and much more.
To know more please visit on http://www.webpoolsupply.com
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald