ALL >> Others >> View Article
Atex Industrial Fan And Blowers
Total Articles: 56
Since July 1, 2003, equipment manufactured for operation in potentially explosive environments has been required to comply with the EU’s ATEX Manufacturer’s Directive (94/9/EC). The ATEX Directive applies to all countries in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA).
ATEX (ATmospheres EXplosibles) is a conglomeration of European Union (EU) directives outlining equipment installed and operated in potentially explosive atmospheres. The ATEX directive coordinates various technical and legal conditions throughout Europe to ensure a high level of safety for the end-user by reducing the explosion risk through established design methods.
The ATEX Directive places the burden directly on the end-user. The end-user is responsible for the following:
• Prevention of the formation of explosive atmospheres and possible ignition threats
• Evaluating the risk of explosion for their specific atmosphere and process
• Eliminating or reducing the level of risk for a specific atmosphere and/or process
• Classifying the work and equipment environment into “zones / categories” for determining preparation of documentation for explosion protection
• Identifying hazardous areas and utilizing warning signs to alert personnel and equipment suppliers of the potential hazard
• Specifying suitably safe equipment for use in the zone to the engineer or equipment supplier
The end-user is required to evaluate the environment where equipment is to be located and operated. When evaluating hazardous locations, it is important to consider the hazardous material (gases or dusts) itself, how the material may interact with the surroundings (atmosphere, equipment and personnel), likelihood of explosion due to the surroundings, and the level of any anticipated effects.
Since the introduction of the ATEX Directives in 2003, mechanical equipment manufacturers have been subject to similar certification requirements as electrical equipment manufacturers. Fan manufacturers have been allowed to subscribe to the manufacturing process as detailed in the European Standard EN 14986:2006, “Design of fans working in potentially explosive atmospheres,” which provides a guide for meeting the ATEX Directive (94/9/EC).
European Standard EN 14986 outlines manufacturing and design criteria for fan manufacturers to adhere to. Such design requirements include, but are not limited to, permissible material pairings, minimum clearances between rotating elements and the fan casing, casing design, bearing selection, impeller-to-shaft attachment and motor / electrical selection. As long as the fan manufacturer meets the requirements of the European Standard EN 14986:2006, they are in compliance with the ATEX directive (94/9/EC).
Chicago Blower Canada is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of the highest quality industrial fans throughout the world. Our products are known for their rugged construction and reliable operation. Chicago Blower Canada offers unmatched flexibility and fan customization, coupled with superior service before and after the sale. We also have the capability to provide parts and service for products not manufactured by Buffalo Blower Co.
For additional information please refer to http://www.chicagoblowercanada.com/biblower.html
Chicago Blower Canada
Industrial Process Ventilating Designers
Chicago Blower Canada Co.
Others Articles1. Download Forex Robot To Enjoy Guaranteed Returns On Your Forex Trading Practices
2. Why Should You Consider Going For Voyage Humanitaire?
Author: James Fidler
3. Web Hosting
4. Get Pleasure Along With High Profile Kolkata Call Girls
Author: Prachi Rai
5. Make Cheers With Sensible Call Girls Of Kolkata
Author: Prachi Rai
6. Using The Certified Acceptance Agent Services For Itin Issuance And Tax Accounting Services
Author: Robin Joe
7. Innovative Medical Packaging And Enclosures By Intertrade Industries Featured At Mdm West
Author: 1888 PressRelease
8. Individuals Responsible For The Tax Reportings Need To Follow The Guidelines To Apply For An Itin
Author: Robin Joe
9. Importance Of Conveyor Belt Supplier
Author: Anil Gupta
10. Hurry Up To Enroll With Projecturf For Better Project Management.
11. Have Some Ultimate Pleasure With Independent Call Girls In Kolkata
Author: prachi rai
12. Usability Of Bike Boxes
Author: Brian Miller
13. Process Of Tax Preparation For Cross Border And Filing Of Taxes
Author: Robin Joseph
14. Get Your Answers To Mobile Phone Encryption Queries
Author: Minh Vo
15. An Overlook About Scheduled Tasks With The Help Of Projecturf