ALL >> Others >> View Article
Atex Industrial Fan And Blowers
Total Articles: 54
Since July 1, 2003, equipment manufactured for operation in potentially explosive environments has been required to comply with the EU’s ATEX Manufacturer’s Directive (94/9/EC). The ATEX Directive applies to all countries in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA).
ATEX (ATmospheres EXplosibles) is a conglomeration of European Union (EU) directives outlining equipment installed and operated in potentially explosive atmospheres. The ATEX directive coordinates various technical and legal conditions throughout Europe to ensure a high level of safety for the end-user by reducing the explosion risk through established design methods.
The ATEX Directive places the burden directly on the end-user. The end-user is responsible for the following:
• Prevention of the formation of explosive atmospheres and possible ignition threats
• Evaluating the risk of explosion for their specific atmosphere and process
• Eliminating or reducing the level of risk for a specific atmosphere and/or process
• Classifying the work and equipment environment into “zones / categories” for determining preparation of documentation for explosion protection
• Identifying hazardous areas and utilizing warning signs to alert personnel and equipment suppliers of the potential hazard
• Specifying suitably safe equipment for use in the zone to the engineer or equipment supplier
The end-user is required to evaluate the environment where equipment is to be located and operated. When evaluating hazardous locations, it is important to consider the hazardous material (gases or dusts) itself, how the material may interact with the surroundings (atmosphere, equipment and personnel), likelihood of explosion due to the surroundings, and the level of any anticipated effects.
Since the introduction of the ATEX Directives in 2003, mechanical equipment manufacturers have been subject to similar certification requirements as electrical equipment manufacturers. Fan manufacturers have been allowed to subscribe to the manufacturing process as detailed in the European Standard EN 14986:2006, “Design of fans working in potentially explosive atmospheres,” which provides a guide for meeting the ATEX Directive (94/9/EC).
European Standard EN 14986 outlines manufacturing and design criteria for fan manufacturers to adhere to. Such design requirements include, but are not limited to, permissible material pairings, minimum clearances between rotating elements and the fan casing, casing design, bearing selection, impeller-to-shaft attachment and motor / electrical selection. As long as the fan manufacturer meets the requirements of the European Standard EN 14986:2006, they are in compliance with the ATEX directive (94/9/EC).
Chicago Blower Canada is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of the highest quality industrial fans throughout the world. Our products are known for their rugged construction and reliable operation. Chicago Blower Canada offers unmatched flexibility and fan customization, coupled with superior service before and after the sale. We also have the capability to provide parts and service for products not manufactured by Buffalo Blower Co.
For additional information please refer to http://www.chicagoblowercanada.com/biblower.html
Chicago Blower Canada
Industrial Process Ventilating Designers
Chicago Blower Canada Co.
Others Articles1. Why School Management Software Are Necessary For Any Campus
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. Lg Service Centre Gurgaon 9811052330
Author: raj kumar
3. Solar Panel Installation Companies – What You Need To Know?
Author: Bryson Kaleb
4. Are You Looking For Low-cost Vet In Webster
Author: Mike Jenkins is the author of this article
5. Choose A Digital Marketing Company Wisely
Author: Mayur Gohil
6. Hire Budget Friendly Packers And Movers In Bangalore For Hassle-free Home Shifting
Author: anjali behera
7. Why Literom Is The Best School Management Software ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
8. Php Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
9. Pharmacovigilance Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
10. Perfecto Mobile Automation Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
11. Peoplecode Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
12. Pentaho Di Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
13. Pentaho Big Data Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
14. Pascal Programming Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings
15. Osb Deployment Online Training In Hyderabad - Ecorptrainings