ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Total Articles: 49
Simply put, a software developer is a person who develops software, whether as a profession or as a freelancer. In other words, it is a standalone term, not to be confused with a software programmer.
According to Onetcodeconnector.org, (see reference 1 below) the definition of a software developer extends his role to initial research, the finalized output as a design, the testing and proving of the design and, finally, its implementation. He could, therefore, be a part of a team that is entrusted with creating a software program for an organization.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (see reference 2 below) makes a fine distinction in categories, with an eye on the basic employment and salary factor. The categories are Software Developers, Applications
and Software Developers, Systems Software. The Bureau also regards a computer programmer as a different entity.
Since software applications have become a part of daily life, existence of such qualified persons is taken for granted. What is forgotten is that most entrepreneurs started small:
In a garage
Micral, Co-founder of Borland
Norton Utilities and Anti-virus
One room studio
Co-founder of Microsoft
Co-founder of Facebook
The roles and responsibilities of a software developer are large in number (see reference 3 below). His primary responsibilities are to:
a) Understand a client’s software requirements and develop related software applications.
b) Develop software to design specs and test modules so developed. He could work individually or as part of a team.
c) Develop a code. Since software works on a code, the code is crucial for the running of all software.
d) Debug a code. Since it is a specific individual who has developed the code, he is responsible for finding bugs in the code in case of errors in the application of in that piece of software.
e) Stay updated. Today’s technology will be obsolete by tomorrow. Hence, software developers must stay abreast of new technology; dissect it to see how it can be implemented optimally in his process of development and save money for his organization in the long term.
f) Implement best practices. Software can make or break an organization. It is the developer’s responsibility to see that there is no hazard in the offing.
By Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Hardware/Software Articles1. How Relevant Is Software Testing In A Devops Era? Top 5 Reasons
2. Uses Of Accounting Software
Author: Ayisha S
3. Become A Smart And Successful Laptop Repair Engineer
Author: Natasa Suri
4. Essential Benefits Of Co2 Laser For Acrylic Cutting, Marking And Engraving
Author: Rob Hibbs
5. Empowering Finance And Banking Sector With Digital Technology
Author: Shreya Verma
6. Do You Know The Live Stream Apps Changing The World?
7. Top Reasons Why Every Hr Manager Should Use Employee Management Software
Author: Anish Desai
8. Why No Padlock On My Web Browser Or Website?
Author: Gaurav Maniar
9. How To Build The Right Selenium Testing Strategy In 4 Ways
10. Why It Is Important To Have Ms Office Within Office Environment
Author: Carl Smith
11. Why Laptop Screen Repair Should Be Done By An Expert In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
12. Steps To Fix Error Code: “8504, 104” And Download Norton Setup
Author: Robert Coleman
13. Rise Of Automation, Robotics And Artificial Intelligence -2018
Author: Kiran Paneri
14. Dell Printer Support At Your Service Within Minutes
15. How To Choose Best Printers For Small Business?
Author: kifnfo it solutions