ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Working With Contractor For Your Fha Renovation Loan
Total Articles: 334
Finding a General Contractor to renovate your property using the FHA Renovation Loan Program may be time-consuming and frustrating. Most General Contractors, Handy- men, and Re-modelers don't know how the renovation loan works. Some lenders will may provide a list of contractors to borrowers; they can then interview and select a contractor. The borrower is not required to use any Contractor on the list.
Some Lenders may require you to get more than one contractor bid for the file. It is my opinion that when Lenders make this a requirement, they are not familiar with the FHA Renovation Loan Program. As the borrower, it is your decision which contractor you select therefore it should not matter how many bids are in the file.
There are some Lenders that will require you to use the Contractor they select or they may tell you that you must use a Contractor from one of the national home improvement stores. If this is a requirement from the lender and not FHA, my suggestion is to run as fast as you can if this is told to you. It is a conflict of interest for the lender to require you to work with the contractor of their choice. It can be considered steering and steering is a federal violation.
If you decide you want a contractor from one of the national home improvement stores, that is fine; but you need to understand the cost of your job is going to increase. These stores do not have contractors on staff they will sub the work out to one of the many contractors that buy supplies in their store. The store must get paid and the contractor must get paid and you will be paying both.
Some contractors are very good with their hands and do outstanding work, but they don't know how to complete a detailed work-write up. FHA requires that the contractor break out the cost of the repairs by line item and some are just not able to do that. If you find that the contractor is taking too much time to complete the work-write up then that is the first sign that you may want to find another contractor. Once you receive the work-write up from the contractor, you want to review the figures. It is amazing that some contractors cannot do simple math. If you spend too much time correcting the contractor's mathematical errors, it is time to find another contractor.
The author is a well Known Real estate Developer & having immense interest and knowledge in property management,FHA 203k Renovation Contractor, Remodeling Contractor, FHA 203k Renovation Contractor Cleveland. & much more hence also called to be as Property Guru. To know more visit http://www.clevelandrestorationgroup.com/
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Service Apartment For Rent In Bangalore And Mangalore
Author: Paul Wright
2. 2 Phong Cách Thiết Kế Phòng Khách Chung Cư Eco Lake Theo Xu Hướng Trẻ Trung Của Năm 2017
Author: thiết kế phòng khách
3. Top 7 Popular Area For Best Pg’s In Bangalore ( Real Example Inside)
4. Signature Millennia Coming Up With A New Project In Gurgaon Name Signature Global The Millennia
Author: TWINKLE SINGHAL
5. Get A Premium Life At Lodha Lakeshore Greens Dombivali- Flats In Mumbai At Affordable Price
6. Right Time For Independent Living In Kelowna
Author: Adam Levine is the author of this article
7. Be New Technology Savvy & Have A Proper Business Plan
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
8. Boerne Texas Listing Agent Can Help You To Find The Best Cordillera Ranch Homes For Sale!
Author: Richmond Frasier
9. Sean Zarinegar: Going Where Opportunity Takes Him
Author: Sean Zarinegar
10. How To Find Out How Much Lease & Office Space We Need?
Author: novel office
11. Best Residential Projects In Gurgaon, Sohna Road
12. Incredible Piece Of Home Full Of Luxury And Elegance
Author: Shourya Group
13. A Perfect Home With Lavish Living Ensconced In Bountiful Comforts
Author: Shourya Group
14. Sell Your Property In Downtown Dubai
Author: Arash Jalili
15. Find Best Home Builders To Buy Your Dream Home