ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Lyrica Is Use As Neuropathic Pain Agent
Total Articles: 33
Lyrica is medicine used to treat pain caused by neurologic diseases such as postherpetic neuralgia as well as seizures. It also is used for treating fibromyalgia.
Mechanism of action:
It binds to calcium channels on nerves and may modify the release of neurotransmitters (chemicals that nerves use to communicate with each other). Reducing communication between nerves may contribute to its effect on pain and seizures.
Management of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy
• Management of postherpetic neuralgia
• Adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial onset seizures
• Management of fibromyalgia
• Management of neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury
Take this medication by mouth as usually 2 to 3 times a day with or without food.
This drug may be taken with or without food. The initial dose for neuropathic pain is 50 mg three times a day (150 mg/day). The dose may be increased to a maximum dose of 100 mg 3 times daily (300 mg/day) after one week.
The recommended dose for postherpetic neuralgia is 75-150 mg twice daily or 50-100 mg three times daily. Begin dosing at 75 mg two times a day or 50 mg three times a day (150 mg/day). The dose may be increased to 100 mg 3 times daily (300 mg/day) after one week.
The recommended dose for treating seizures is 150-600 mg/day divided into 2 or 3 doses, starting at 150 mg daily and increasing based on response and tolerability.
Fibromyalgia is treated with 300-450 mg/day in 2 or 3 divided doses.
Lyrica can quickly reduce pain, improve sleep, and help some people with fibromyalgia function better and get back to their daily routines. It also significantly reduces pain after taking Lyrica for only one week.
Alcohol and drugs that cause sedation may increase the sedative effects of this drug. Pioglitazone androsiglitazone cause weight gain, fluid retention and possibly heart failure. Therefore, combining pregabalin with these drugs may increase the occurrence of weight gain and fluid retention.
The most common side effects are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, edema (accumulation of fluid), blurred vision, weight gain, and difficulty concentrating.
Stop using this medicine if you have swelling of the face, eyes, lips, gums, or tongue, or problems with swallowing or breathing. You may be having a severe allergic reaction or a condition called angioedema. It may cause blurred vision, double vision, clumsiness, unsteadiness, dizziness, drowsiness, or trouble with thinking.
STORAGE: This drug should be stored at room temperature, between 15-30 0C (59-86 F).
Hardware/Software Articles1. Reliable Xbox Repair Centre – Gamesrepairer.co.uk
2. All Types Of Motorola Phones Are Repaired At Motorola Repairer
3. Best Samsung Repair Centre – Samsungrepairing.uk
4. Audit Process Of Fixed Assets
Author: Priyesh Joshi
5. Best Lenovo Tablet Repair Centre London – Tablet Repairer
6. Best Motorola Repair Centre – Motorola Repairer
7. Quick Xbox Repair In Uk – Gamesrepairer.co.uk
8. Don’t Forget To Collect Some Office 365 Home Promo Code Before You Buy!
Author: Christine Bleakley
9. Reliable Motorola Repair Centre Leeds – Motorola Repairer
10. How We Can Achieve Augmented Reality (ar) In Mobile App Development?
Author: Amit Tiwari
11. Affordable Ps3 Repair Centre In Uk – Gamesrepairer.co.uk
12. Best Samsung Repair Centre In Uk – Samsung Repairer
13. Quick Asus Tablet Screen Repair Manchester – Tablet Repairer
14. Creating A More Efficient Office Space
15. Best Motorola Mobile Phone Repair Centre Manchester