ALL » Hardware-Software >> View Article
Lyrica Is Use As Neuropathic Pain AgentBy Expert Author: John Wharton
Lyrica is medicine used to treat pain caused by neurologic diseases such as postherpetic neuralgia as well as seizures. It also is used for treating fibromyalgia.
Mechanism of action:
It binds to calcium channels on nerves and may modify the release of neurotransmitters (chemicals that nerves use to communicate with each other). Reducing communication between nerves may contribute to its effect on pain and seizures.
Management of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy
• Management of postherpetic neuralgia
• Adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial onset seizures
• Management of fibromyalgia
• Management of neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury
Take this medication by mouth as usually 2 to 3 times a day with or without food.
This drug may be taken with or without food. The initial dose for neuropathic pain is 50 mg three times a day (150 mg/day). The dose may be increased to a maximum dose of 100 mg 3 times daily (300 mg/day) after one week.
The recommended dose for postherpetic neuralgia is 75-150 mg twice daily or 50-100 mg three times daily. Begin dosing at 75 mg two times a day or 50 mg three times a day (150 mg/day). The dose may be increased to 100 mg 3 times daily (300 mg/day) after one week.
The recommended dose for treating seizures is 150-600 mg/day divided into 2 or 3 doses, starting at 150 mg daily and increasing based on response and tolerability.
Fibromyalgia is treated with 300-450 mg/day in 2 or 3 divided doses.
Lyrica can quickly reduce pain, improve sleep, and help some people with fibromyalgia function better and get back to their daily routines. It also significantly reduces pain after taking Lyrica for only one week.
Alcohol and drugs that cause sedation may increase the sedative effects of this drug. Pioglitazone androsiglitazone cause weight gain, fluid retention and possibly heart failure. Therefore, combining pregabalin with these drugs may increase the occurrence of weight gain and fluid retention.
The most common side effects are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, edema (accumulation of fluid), blurred vision, weight gain, and difficulty concentrating.
Stop using this medicine if you have swelling of the face, eyes, lips, gums, or tongue, or problems with swallowing or breathing. You may be having a severe allergic reaction or a condition called angioedema. It may cause blurred vision, double vision, clumsiness, unsteadiness, dizziness, drowsiness, or trouble with thinking.
STORAGE: This drug should be stored at room temperature, between 15-30 0C (59-86 F).
Hardware/Software Articles1. The Merge Purge Concept The Objective And Uses Of The Software
Author: Data Ladder
2. Best Sony Playstation Repair Manchester – Playstation Repairer
3. How To Design Visitor Id Card And Manage Visitor Records Using Visitor Gate Pass Management Software
4. Quality And Quick Laptop Screen Repair London – Lenovorepairer.co.uk
5. Best And Quality Laptop Screen Repair Liverpool – Laptoprepairer.co.uk
6. Id Cards Designer Software: How To Design Various Types Of Identity Cards In Industry
7. Best And Quality Ps3 Repair Glasgow At Playstation Repairer
8. How To Run Mobile Application Testing For Bug Free Products
Author: Stephanie Reinhardt
9. Agile Test Automation
10. Ways You Can Benefit From The Wordpress Development Services Los Angeles
11. Iphone Screen Repair Liverpool With Minimal Cost And Warranty
12. Time To Develop Your Knowledge On Lisp Development
13. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Manchester With Minimal Cost – Laptop Repairer
14. Use Id Cards Design Software To Make Identity Cards And Visitor Gate Pass In Various Industries
15. Quick Laptop Screen Repair London With Warranty – Laptoprepairer.co.uk