ALL >> Career >> View Article
Psychometric Assessments – Evaluating Dormant Traits
Total Articles: 17
So you wish to take up the big job opportunity coming your way, but don’t know anything about the psychometric assessment that is a part of your job interview? Well, in that case, you should get all the possible knowledge about psychometric assessment tests that are all the rage in the recruitment industry at present.
Think of it this way – you can easily measure physical attributes for example your height, weight, etc., but how will you measure those attributes that are not visible? Characteristics like your aptitude, skills, personality, intellect, attitude, and opinions are quite significant but not easily measureable. This is where a psychometric assessment comes into picture.
Psychometric test proves to be a great tool when it comes to measuring or evaluating the dormant traits of a person. This is the reason why companies are resorting to this type of assessment while recruiting people – for finding the latent behaviors of the candidates is extremely important when it comes to selecting the right person for a job position.
What Do These Tests Measure?
Psychometric assessments help preeminently in measuring personality, aptitude & skills of a person.
• Personality Analysis: With the help of these tests, the way people think, feel and act in a given situation can be judged. Besides, these help in evaluating the interests, values, interpersonal style, and motivation factors that guide a person.
• Aptitude & Skills Assessments: These assessments help in studying particular abilities of a candidate. These include verbal reasoning, numerical ability, abstract & mechanical reasoning, space relations, perceptual speed and accuracy, and the rest.
Key Advantages of Psychometric Tests
Psychometric tests can help people brilliantly in their job search. The results are attained quickly and when used aptly and in all conscience, these can turn out to be really effective.
Listed below are some of the key benefits of these assessments:
• Selecting the right personnel – Such tests can help recruiters in shortlisting those applicants who are the right fit for a given position. These are objective tests and are absolutely free from any bias, so selecting only the suitable candidate for a particular position becomes quick and easy with the help of such tests.
• Self-Assessment and Performance Improvement – Psychometric tests can assist in understanding where a person requires improvement. One can do a comprehensive self-assessment with the help of these tests and can learn about those performance areas which can be made better through hard work.
• Better Interpersonal Skills – The more people understand themselves and others, the better are the odds of having great interpersonal relations at work – thereby leading to a harmonious work environment.
• Choosing the Right Career – With the help of these tests, one can discover his or her real interests and can lead to the right career choice. This is not all! Even if you have already chosen a particular career option, and somehow you feel that you are stuck in a rut, then these tests can come to your rescue by helping you to find your areas of interest.
Thus, if taken prudently and scrupulously, the psychometric tests can help organizations as a great recruitment tool and can help a person in making a successful career – one that suits his or her personality & skills.
Shine Kapoor writes articles on behalf of HeadHonchos.com, India’s premier job portal in India. HeadHonchos provides senior jobs in india as well as a range of specialized services that facilitate senior job search.
Career Articles1. "what Are Your Salary Expectations?"how Do I Handle The Interview Question?
Author: Sophie Kaul
2. Shape-up Your Career Through An Internship
Author: Roopali Parandekar
3. Going For Walk-ins? Think Twice!
Author: Jay Torres
4. Free Job Posting Site For Employers In Usa
Author: G Pradeep Kumar
5. Athena Net Coaching- Providing An Ideal Destination For The Students In Lucknow
6. Quality Assurance (qa) Training Courses In Ahmedabad- Unicode Technologies.
7. How To Establish A Successful Mobile Application Testing Career?
Author: Jack Ramon
8. Athena Ias- Helping You To Achieve Your Dream Of Becoming An Ias Officer.
9. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
10. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
11. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
12. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
13. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
14. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
15. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility