ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Winter Holiday Budgets Up Forty Eight Pct This Year – Westhill Consulting Travel And Tours
Total Articles: 12
According to the report, high inflation is not coming in the way of holiday spends as more and more travelers are booking longer and expensive holiday packages this winter compared with last year.
“The average holiday budgets per person per night have increased to Rs 2,325 this winter from Rs 1,564 in 2012, indicating a 48 per cent rise.
“Trips have become longer by 36.3 per cent with travelers taking an average trip of 3.8 nights this year,” says holiday information portal HolidayIQ.com’s report ‘Insights: Winter Holidays Prediction Report 2013′.
In the middle of November 2013 and January 2014, it analyses the patterns.
People are preparing trips in smaller groups with group size decreasing 16 per cent even though not being thrifty on the budget.
Beach and hill station destinations are most popular this winter, accounting for almost 78 per cent of the holidays planned, according to the report.
Families form a significant part of tourist traffic because of the winter holidays in schools. This is 26 per cent of planned trips.
The report says traditionally, travelers prefer to travel within the region they reside in. However, this winter there is a marked increase in travelers choosing holiday destinations outside their region.
In the previous year merely forty one per cent of winter trips were intended outside the traveler’s region of residence whereas in the current year the said trips account for sixty six per cent of all trips planned.
People from east and north-east travel outside more while majority of south Indian travelers have a preference travelling within the region.
Couple travelers plan longer and more expensive holidays allocating the highest average budget of Rs 2,611 per person per night, followed by family travelers at Rs 2,137, group travelers at Rs 1,974 and single travelers at Rs 1,693, it said.
Holidays planned by women have 8 per cent higher budgets than those planned by men, it added.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco