ALL >> Computers >> View Article
The Battle Between Man V/s Machines For Language Translation
Total Articles: 545
A person, who has visited a foreign country for official or personal reason knows the hassle of purchasing products while trying to speak a foreign language. The confusion that ensues can be overwhelming whether bargaining on the streets, or buying online.
However, for e-commerce companies considering the mode of language translation and to decide the companies and the languages to lay emphasis on can be very unnerving. It is even more difficult to come up with an estimate for the number of speakers (in diverse languages) across the world, as the numbers become dated as soon as they get published.
• Chinese, Spanish or English
These three languages prevail over each other every time. Mandarin Chinese is known to be the most widely spoken language, since it belongs to the world largest ethnic group. Spanish tows in second with a vast geographical reach and it uses several diverse dialects. English catches up third and is widely recognized as a language used across the world for business and technology.
• How to choose a language for your website?
This decision must be influenced by the markets you choose to serve and defining your current growth strategy. Presently, Spanish, Japanese, French and Chinese are one of the most common languages that are localized. If your target country is U.S.A whose second language is English, Spanish is a fair and good choice for them.
• Human v/s Machine Translation
Thankfully there are several translation tools and services readily available for the merchants who want to grow their business and enter the foreign markets, or for the non-English speakers who’re found everywhere. The truth is that there’s no sure-shot way to get a perfect translation without human interference. Still, there’re some tools that exist and provide automatic translation and provide USB printing, for free.
The problem arises when the task comes to choose the right translation service for language. There’re some translators that easily translate from English to European language but when given the task to translate to other languages, they fail. This happens because they’re not able to understand the coding of a different script and a language that belongs to a different language family. Adding to that, these tools use previously translated material and statistical analysis to provide appropriate translations with poor results.
• Feedback of machine translators
The feedback provided by the users for these translators is intelligible, but not very eloquent. Some others stated that the translation was not very accurate and the website was also rendered. There were some who gave positive reviews too for the machines language translations.
Finally, the most accurate way to get a translation is through human touch. Certainly it would be a costly affair for the companies hiring the translators, since companies require translations for product descriptions and translators may not prove to be accurate enough.
Let the merchant decide Ultimately it is up to the merchant to decide on which translator to choose. The choice can depend upon if the website has been already launched and how much money, time, and efforts are required for the translation.
In the end the merchants can choose any tool, but primarily they must’ve the users in mind and ensure to test the translations before it is delivered.
Cavalier Studios is a company that provides language translations and you can try them for any of your business translations.
Computers Articles1. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
2. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
3. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
4. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?
5. Exchange Database Recovery Software
6. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
7. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
8. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
9. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
10. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
11. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
12. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
13. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
14. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
15. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services