ALL >> Education >> View Article
About 70-687, Configuring Windows 8 Exam
Total Articles: 114
IT professionals who configure Windows 8 computers, devices, users, and related network and security resources are the candidates for this exam. The IT professional could be a consultant, desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who manages Windows 8-based computers and devices as a part of their technical duties.
The 70-687 Configuring Windows 8 certification verifies a candidate’s skills and abilities and is considered to be one of the premier certification from Microsoft.
Exam Outline: The following are some of the topics of this certification exam:
Install and upgrade to Windows 8
Evaluate hardware readiness and compatibility
Install Windows 8
Migrate and configure user data
Configure hardware and applications
• Configure devices and device drivers
• Install and configure desktop applications
• Install and configure Windows Store applications
• Control access to local hardware and applications
• Configure Internet Explorer
• Configure Hyper-V
Configure network connectivity
• Configure IP settings
• Configure networking settings
• Configure and maintain network security
• Configure remote management
Configure access to resources
• Configure shared resources
• Configure file and folder access
• Configure local security settings
• Configure authentication and authorization
Configure remote access and mobility
• Configure remote connections
• Configure mobility options
• Configure security for mobile devices
Monitor and maintain Windows clients
• Configure and manage updates
• Manage local storage
• Monitor system performance
Configure backup and recovery options
• Configure backup
• Configure system recovery options
• Configure file recovery options
Preparation for the Exam and recommended Study Resources
Candidates can use several tools and materials to prepare and pass the exam. They can choose any of the following paths:
1. Candidates can attend a 5 day Training Course
2. Candidates can use several Microsoft Press Books such as Configuring Windows 8 and Training Guide: Configuring Windows 8.
3. Candidates can also use several Microsoft online resources like Microsoft Learning Community, MSDN, TechNet and Learning Plan.
There will be approximately 50 questions which are to be completed in less than two hours. The passing score required is 700 out of 1000.The 70-687, Configuring Windows 8 Exam cost is US $80. It is available in 6 languages. The Language(s) for configuring windows are:
5. Portuguese (Brazil)
6. Chinese (Simplified)
All Microsoft Certified Professional exams are provided by a third-party vendor. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam should register for it at Prometric's website. This is a proctored examination.
Education Articles1. Middle English Language
2. English Language Classification
3. Early Modern English Language
4. English Language History
5. Mb2-711 E-books
Author: thomas lamar
6. English Language
7. Early Development Of The Hindi Language
8. Advantages Of Using Hindi Language
9. How Summer Camps Can Help Your Child To Enhance Her Skills?
10. About Hindi Language
11. How Important Is Development Of Your Child’s Socialization Skills?
12. Mistakes That Students Should Avoid In The Classroom
13. History Of Hindi Language
14. Hindi Languages
15. Should You Be Hiring For Your Business?
Author: Kartik Patel