ALL >> Education >> View Article
About 70-687, Configuring Windows 8 Exam
Total Articles: 112
IT professionals who configure Windows 8 computers, devices, users, and related network and security resources are the candidates for this exam. The IT professional could be a consultant, desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who manages Windows 8-based computers and devices as a part of their technical duties.
The 70-687 Configuring Windows 8 certification verifies a candidate’s skills and abilities and is considered to be one of the premier certification from Microsoft.
Exam Outline: The following are some of the topics of this certification exam:
Install and upgrade to Windows 8
Evaluate hardware readiness and compatibility
Install Windows 8
Migrate and configure user data
Configure hardware and applications
• Configure devices and device drivers
• Install and configure desktop applications
• Install and configure Windows Store applications
• Control access to local hardware and applications
• Configure Internet Explorer
• Configure Hyper-V
Configure network connectivity
• Configure IP settings
• Configure networking settings
• Configure and maintain network security
• Configure remote management
Configure access to resources
• Configure shared resources
• Configure file and folder access
• Configure local security settings
• Configure authentication and authorization
Configure remote access and mobility
• Configure remote connections
• Configure mobility options
• Configure security for mobile devices
Monitor and maintain Windows clients
• Configure and manage updates
• Manage local storage
• Monitor system performance
Configure backup and recovery options
• Configure backup
• Configure system recovery options
• Configure file recovery options
Preparation for the Exam and recommended Study Resources
Candidates can use several tools and materials to prepare and pass the exam. They can choose any of the following paths:
1. Candidates can attend a 5 day Training Course
2. Candidates can use several Microsoft Press Books such as Configuring Windows 8 and Training Guide: Configuring Windows 8.
3. Candidates can also use several Microsoft online resources like Microsoft Learning Community, MSDN, TechNet and Learning Plan.
There will be approximately 50 questions which are to be completed in less than two hours. The passing score required is 700 out of 1000.The 70-687, Configuring Windows 8 Exam cost is US $80. It is available in 6 languages. The Language(s) for configuring windows are:
5. Portuguese (Brazil)
6. Chinese (Simplified)
All Microsoft Certified Professional exams are provided by a third-party vendor. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam should register for it at Prometric's website. This is a proctored examination.
Education Articles1. Want To Improve Your Brand Visibility Buy Private School Data Lists From School Data Lists
2. Best Selenium Training, Online Institute In Hyderabad Bangalore
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Ameerpet
4. What Does Your Texas Or Pennsylvania Online Real Estate Course Need To Have?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. Why Are People Taking Their New York Or California Real Estate License Course Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
6. Rpa – What Do You Need To Know
7. 5 Countries Where You Can Earn A Living While Studying
Author: Pranati Roy
8. Which Are The Best Bba Colleges In India?
Author: ies online12
9. What Are The Top Engineering Colleges In Bangalore?
10. How Is Jain University, Bangalore? How Are The Faculty, Placements, The Campus And The Overall Facto
11. How To Prepare For Neet
Author: Kriti Chopra
12. How To Be A Better Learner
Author: Aadarsh Agarwal
13. How To Master The Art Of Assignment Writing In 5 Easy Steps
Author: Tiana Crush
14. Optimize Your Hospital’s - Digital Marketing Strategy 2018
Author: Ajay Kumar
15. Learn Cpr At Your Convenience With An Online Cpr Class
Author: Christopher Bayer