ALL >> Computers >> View Article
70-640, Ts: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
Total Articles: 16
The MCTS certification is an industry recognized credential and is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills in implementing and administering Windows Server 2008 in network services and connection requirements in corporate networks and more. The exam is targeted to Server and Enterprise Administrators who are working to implement Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. The exam covers the configuration of Domain Name System, active directory infrastructure, its roles and services and more.
Exam 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory serve as a competency criterion for the following certifications
1. Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam.
Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory (18%)
Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure (17%)
Configuring Active Directory roles and services (14%)
Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects (18%)
Maintaining the Active Directory environment (18%)
Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (15%)
Exam Details of 70-640:
The test can be taken in in languages other than English like French, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese and Spanish. The exam revolves around the technology: Windows Server 2008 and is proctored type of exam. The price to take the test is $80 USD. The questions can be multiple choice questions or short answers questions.
The MCTS candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2 in an environment that has 250 to 5,000 or more users, multiple physical locations, multiple domain controllers, network services and resources such as messaging, databases, file and print, firewalls, Internet access, an intranet, Public Key Infrastructure, remote access, remote desktop, virtualization, and client computer management, connectivity requirements such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to corporate resources, and connecting corporate networks.
How to Register and Pass the 70-640 test:
Register for an exam at Prometric's website. To prepare for this exam, Microsoft Learning recommends that student must have hands-on experience with the product and may use the following training resources.
• 6425C: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (5 Days)
• 6426C: Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (3 Days)
• 6426CE: Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (14 Hours)
• 6425BE: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (16 Hours)
A book named as MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-640): Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (2nd Edition) along with some practice tests could be of a great help. Also get benefit from the community sources
• Wiki: Training and Certification (en-US)
• Forum: Training and Certification (en-US)
• Microsoft Learning community
Computers Articles1. Laptops On Hire In Hyderabad And Chennai
2. How To Enable Or Disable Pop Up Blocker In Mozilla Firefox?
Author: Browser Support Team
3. Why To Go With Contract Management Software?
Author: James Blake
4. Die Nordvpn Erfahrung
Author: Die NordVPN Erfahrung
5. Few Suggestions To Choose The Best Data Recovery Software Vendor
Author: Sandra White
6. The Role Of Users In Media And Publishing Industry
7. Why Outsourcing Digital Marketing Is Wise?
Author: Anup Prasad
8. Boise Seo Company
Author: SEO Services Companies
9. Aol Customer Support Number 1-877-848-3933
Author: AOL Support
10. Breakfast Restaurants
Author: breakfast restaurants
11. Node Africa – Ontap Select Event Recap
Author: Daniel Gachara
12. How To Turn Off Junk E-mail Filtering
Author: Gaurav Singh
13. How To Change The Password In Yahoo Mail ?
Author: ravi lodhi
14. Hp Printer Wps Pin Problems And How To Hp Printer Different From Other Printers
Author: Rahul Singh
15. World Biggest Technical Service Provider Hp Tech Support In 2017
Author: Rahul Singh