ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Maintain Clean Carpets For A Healthy Living
Total Articles: 3
Carpets, a long time ago just an essential furnishing, has gradually evolved into an item of elegant and aesthetic decor, changing in styles to suit the convenience of the user. However, one thing remains the same – the challenge of maintaining a clean carpet. Whether it is a coffee stain, unclean shoes, or pet disasters / pet stains on carpet, once the grime is in, it comes out only with much difficulty. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside. These pollutants once airborne cause many health issues to those who are regularly in the environment. The following are major health hazards of dirty carpets.
• Asthma – Dirty and damp carpets can cause asthma which is an allergic reaction to tiny particles. Though not usually life threatening, a severe case of asthma can decrease quality of life.
• Mold – This is a type of fungi which sends out airborne spores containing bacteria that affect humans and animals. This can cause respiratory and other health issues which, if not attended to immediately, can turn fatal.
• Athlete’s foot – An unclean carpet has innumerable parasitic organisms in it which may enter the body of an individual through cuts or wounds on feet, causing Athlete’s foot; a fungal infection seen between the toes and on the sole.
• Dust mites – These are insects thriving on the fungi and bacteria which accumulate on dirty carpets. Once they die their carcasses are inhaled by those who come in close contact with this carpet, causing allergic reactions like rashes, eye and nose irritation.
• Pet dander – Many people are allergic to hair and skin shed by animals, and this gets trapped into a carpet till it is cleaned causing health issues in individuals. Pet stains which emit fumes causing health problems, especially for children and pregnant women, is another hazard of an unclean carpet.
Vacuuming using power a brush helps to maintain a fairly healthy carpet. There are many professionals who provide their services in carpet cleaning. Resorting to them on a regular basis keeps your office and home protected from those allergy inducing dirty carpets. This reduces your effort to maintain a healthy and clean indoor environment. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside.
About the company
Quality Carpet Cleaning Co. (http://qualitycarpetcleaningco.co/), founded by Michael Naskrent, provides professional carpet cleaning services for homes and offices in the Fox Valley, Illinois area. Ensuring total satisfaction, customers are educated with a clear explanation of the carpet cleaning procedures and are given suggestions to maintain their carpets. Their services include, home carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning, professional upholstery cleaning services, carpet and upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning service, allergy cleaning services and removal of pet stains and odors on carpet.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi