ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Maintain Clean Carpets For A Healthy Living
Total Articles: 3
Carpets, a long time ago just an essential furnishing, has gradually evolved into an item of elegant and aesthetic decor, changing in styles to suit the convenience of the user. However, one thing remains the same – the challenge of maintaining a clean carpet. Whether it is a coffee stain, unclean shoes, or pet disasters / pet stains on carpet, once the grime is in, it comes out only with much difficulty. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside. These pollutants once airborne cause many health issues to those who are regularly in the environment. The following are major health hazards of dirty carpets.
• Asthma – Dirty and damp carpets can cause asthma which is an allergic reaction to tiny particles. Though not usually life threatening, a severe case of asthma can decrease quality of life.
• Mold – This is a type of fungi which sends out airborne spores containing bacteria that affect humans and animals. This can cause respiratory and other health issues which, if not attended to immediately, can turn fatal.
• Athlete’s foot – An unclean carpet has innumerable parasitic organisms in it which may enter the body of an individual through cuts or wounds on feet, causing Athlete’s foot; a fungal infection seen between the toes and on the sole.
• Dust mites – These are insects thriving on the fungi and bacteria which accumulate on dirty carpets. Once they die their carcasses are inhaled by those who come in close contact with this carpet, causing allergic reactions like rashes, eye and nose irritation.
• Pet dander – Many people are allergic to hair and skin shed by animals, and this gets trapped into a carpet till it is cleaned causing health issues in individuals. Pet stains which emit fumes causing health problems, especially for children and pregnant women, is another hazard of an unclean carpet.
Vacuuming using power a brush helps to maintain a fairly healthy carpet. There are many professionals who provide their services in carpet cleaning. Resorting to them on a regular basis keeps your office and home protected from those allergy inducing dirty carpets. This reduces your effort to maintain a healthy and clean indoor environment. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside.
About the company
Quality Carpet Cleaning Co. (http://qualitycarpetcleaningco.co/), founded by Michael Naskrent, provides professional carpet cleaning services for homes and offices in the Fox Valley, Illinois area. Ensuring total satisfaction, customers are educated with a clear explanation of the carpet cleaning procedures and are given suggestions to maintain their carpets. Their services include, home carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning, professional upholstery cleaning services, carpet and upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning service, allergy cleaning services and removal of pet stains and odors on carpet.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper