ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Maintain Clean Carpets For A Healthy LivingBy Expert Author: Preeti Mittal
Carpets, a long time ago just an essential furnishing, has gradually evolved into an item of elegant and aesthetic decor, changing in styles to suit the convenience of the user. However, one thing remains the same – the challenge of maintaining a clean carpet. Whether it is a coffee stain, unclean shoes, or pet disasters / pet stains on carpet, once the grime is in, it comes out only with much difficulty. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside. These pollutants once airborne cause many health issues to those who are regularly in the environment. The following are major health hazards of dirty carpets.
• Asthma – Dirty and damp carpets can cause asthma which is an allergic reaction to tiny particles. Though not usually life threatening, a severe case of asthma can decrease quality of life.
• Mold – This is a type of fungi which sends out airborne spores containing bacteria that affect humans and animals. This can cause respiratory and other health issues which, if not attended to immediately, can turn fatal.
• Athlete’s foot – An unclean carpet has innumerable parasitic organisms in it which may enter the body of an individual through cuts or wounds on feet, causing Athlete’s foot; a fungal infection seen between the toes and on the sole.
• Dust mites – These are insects thriving on the fungi and bacteria which accumulate on dirty carpets. Once they die their carcasses are inhaled by those who come in close contact with this carpet, causing allergic reactions like rashes, eye and nose irritation.
• Pet dander – Many people are allergic to hair and skin shed by animals, and this gets trapped into a carpet till it is cleaned causing health issues in individuals. Pet stains which emit fumes causing health problems, especially for children and pregnant women, is another hazard of an unclean carpet.
Vacuuming using power a brush helps to maintain a fairly healthy carpet. There are many professionals who provide their services in carpet cleaning. Resorting to them on a regular basis keeps your office and home protected from those allergy inducing dirty carpets. This reduces your effort to maintain a healthy and clean indoor environment. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside.
About the company
Quality Carpet Cleaning Co. (http://qualitycarpetcleaningco.co/), founded by Michael Naskrent, provides professional carpet cleaning services for homes and offices in the Fox Valley, Illinois area. Ensuring total satisfaction, customers are educated with a clear explanation of the carpet cleaning procedures and are given suggestions to maintain their carpets. Their services include, home carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning, professional upholstery cleaning services, carpet and upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning service, allergy cleaning services and removal of pet stains and odors on carpet.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald