ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Total Articles: 399
You may not have any experience in changing tyres, so knowing when to do so could be difficult without a proper inspection. If you don’t feel comfortable diagnosing the problem prior to changing tyres, then a professional can help. However, determining how to change a tyre can be quite easy.
One sign that can tell you it’s time to change your tyres is by how well they are performing. One example could be that your Car, which usually handles well in poor weather conditions, is suddenly not handling as well. Another is that it takes longer to stop when you brake.
A tyre’s tread should not be worn beyond the legal limit, which is a minimum limit of 1.6 millimeters. Most tyre manufacturers mould T.W.I, or tread wear indicators, right into the tyres tread pattern, usually at 1.6 millimeters. When the tyre is worn to the T.W.I, then it should be replaced.
Tyre wear can be caused by several factors, not just through age and use. Emergency braking, under- or over-inflation, and migalignment can cause them to wear. Once a tyre is worn to, or even past its legal limit, changing tyres is a must.
To avoid wearing out your tyres too early, check to see if your tyres are properly inflated. To do so you will need a few simple tools.
You will need a tyre pressure gauge to check the tyre’s pressure. This can be either mechanical or electronic, or can even use a pump with a gauge built right in. You can also opt to by a small compressor that powers through your car’s cigarette lighter. They are great for saving time and effort, but make sure to avoid buying a cheap one. They don’t work as well, and often break very quickly.
If you’ve done all your checks, but your tyres are still in bad shape, then changing tyres is inevitable. But don’t worry, the process can be done easily and quickly with just a few tips.
Before you begin changing tyres, you should check to see that your car’s jack is there, you have a properly inflated spare tyre, you have a lug wrench that properly fits your wheel, and you also have the correct lug bolts.
Once you have safely parked your car, make sure you put a couple of bricks or large stones beneath the tyres to ensure that it doesn’t roll or move. Bring the jack, spare tyre, and lug wrench to where you will be changing tyres.
Begin byremoving the hubcap/plate and loosening the nuts prior to jacking up the car to prevent the wheels spinning on you. Turn them counterclockwise to loosen until it comes off. Once this is done, you can jack up the car.
Remove the old tyre. Since you have already taken out the lug nuts, pull it with your weight forward in order to prevent you from falling backward.
Now you are ready to put the new tyre on. Adjust the tyre in the threaded shafts so they fit. Then you can replace the lug nuts, tightening them in the proper order.
Once this is done you can lower the jack so that they tyres are once again resting on the ground. Lastly you can replace the hubcap or plate.
Changing tyres can be hard the first time you try, but once you get the hang of it, it will be easier and easier each time you do it.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe