ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Car Shipping Help
Total Articles: 312
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your next Auto transport company:
Make sure the auto transport service you select has the proper insurance in case you have any damage to your vehicle
Do they have a history of good service and customer satisfaction? Visit website like autoshipments dot com for a list of auto transport companies and reviews to help you make your selection.
Confirm your auto transport company is bonded
Do they have a toll free number you can call
Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone?
Do they offer door to door service?
Always make sure the price they give you is the final cost and there are no hidden charges
Request at least a 3 day window for pick-up and delivery of your vehicle or vehicles
Do they have a physical location address available at their website you can verify
Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with today’s rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle.
Here are a few things to remember prior to shipping your vehicle:
Insure your vehicle has no obvious fluid leaks.
Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion.
Make sure that your vehicle is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection.
Leave only about ¼ tank of gas in the vehicle, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport.
Disable or disconnect anti-theft devices or alarms.
There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the auto shipping process or the car transport.
Remove all personal belongings except standard vehicle items such as jack and spar tire.
Remove after-market or not build-in radios, cassette decks, CD/DVD players and/or toll passes/tags and garage openers.
Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as ground effects, spoilers, fog lights, bike racks, grill covers or wide mirrors, and lower or remove the antenna if possible.
Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage.
Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze and prepared for new climates.
Very slightly open one window to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your vehicle(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport.
There are literally thousands of choices in today’s market place but applying some prudence and asking the right questions will all but guarantee you a safe and reliable auto relocation.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona