ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Car Shipping Help
Total Articles: 312
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your next Auto transport company:
Make sure the auto transport service you select has the proper insurance in case you have any damage to your vehicle
Do they have a history of good service and customer satisfaction? Visit website like autoshipments dot com for a list of auto transport companies and reviews to help you make your selection.
Confirm your auto transport company is bonded
Do they have a toll free number you can call
Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone?
Do they offer door to door service?
Always make sure the price they give you is the final cost and there are no hidden charges
Request at least a 3 day window for pick-up and delivery of your vehicle or vehicles
Do they have a physical location address available at their website you can verify
Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with today’s rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle.
Here are a few things to remember prior to shipping your vehicle:
Insure your vehicle has no obvious fluid leaks.
Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion.
Make sure that your vehicle is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection.
Leave only about ¼ tank of gas in the vehicle, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport.
Disable or disconnect anti-theft devices or alarms.
There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the auto shipping process or the car transport.
Remove all personal belongings except standard vehicle items such as jack and spar tire.
Remove after-market or not build-in radios, cassette decks, CD/DVD players and/or toll passes/tags and garage openers.
Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as ground effects, spoilers, fog lights, bike racks, grill covers or wide mirrors, and lower or remove the antenna if possible.
Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage.
Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze and prepared for new climates.
Very slightly open one window to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your vehicle(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport.
There are literally thousands of choices in today’s market place but applying some prudence and asking the right questions will all but guarantee you a safe and reliable auto relocation.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Automobile Companies Should Tie-up With Drivekool For Rto Services
2. 2018 Best Dirt Bike For Kids Of Different Age Groups – Kids For King
Author: Kids For King
3. How To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Author: vibhuti Chouhan
4. Rockman Moldex-carbon Composites Company In India
Author: Rockman Industries
5. How To Know Kinds Of Mechanical Repairs Done By Automobile Mechanics In Vista
Author: Andrew Raymond
6. Fleet Wraps The Best Way To Advertise Your Business
7. What Keeps Planes Up And Running
Author: Xtreme Aviation
8. Car Rental Seychelles Should Be Considered When You Are Looking Forward To Make Your Commuting Safe
Author: Jeffrey Pham
9. Your Purpose Of Usage Will Define Whether It Is Best To Choose The Cruiser Over The Touring Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. How To Check The First Auto Repair In Any Local Garage
Author: Mark Josesh
11. How To Know Hydraulic Hose System Design
Author: Ryan gary
12. Simulators In Mining Industry
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. How To Manage A Down Payment For Your Next Car?
Author: Williams Orchard
14. Types Of Forklifts Their Use And Advantages
Author: Raunak Kadam
15. Why You Should Have A Portable Jump Starters For Cars – Reasons!
Author: Anthony Farinola