ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Car Shipping Help
Total Articles: 312
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your next Auto transport company:
Make sure the auto transport service you select has the proper insurance in case you have any damage to your vehicle
Do they have a history of good service and customer satisfaction? Visit website like autoshipments dot com for a list of auto transport companies and reviews to help you make your selection.
Confirm your auto transport company is bonded
Do they have a toll free number you can call
Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone?
Do they offer door to door service?
Always make sure the price they give you is the final cost and there are no hidden charges
Request at least a 3 day window for pick-up and delivery of your vehicle or vehicles
Do they have a physical location address available at their website you can verify
Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with today’s rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle.
Here are a few things to remember prior to shipping your vehicle:
Insure your vehicle has no obvious fluid leaks.
Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion.
Make sure that your vehicle is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection.
Leave only about ¼ tank of gas in the vehicle, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport.
Disable or disconnect anti-theft devices or alarms.
There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the auto shipping process or the car transport.
Remove all personal belongings except standard vehicle items such as jack and spar tire.
Remove after-market or not build-in radios, cassette decks, CD/DVD players and/or toll passes/tags and garage openers.
Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as ground effects, spoilers, fog lights, bike racks, grill covers or wide mirrors, and lower or remove the antenna if possible.
Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage.
Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze and prepared for new climates.
Very slightly open one window to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your vehicle(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport.
There are literally thousands of choices in today’s market place but applying some prudence and asking the right questions will all but guarantee you a safe and reliable auto relocation.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name