ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Car Shipping Help
Total Articles: 312
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your next Auto transport company:
Make sure the auto transport service you select has the proper insurance in case you have any damage to your vehicle
Do they have a history of good service and customer satisfaction? Visit website like autoshipments dot com for a list of auto transport companies and reviews to help you make your selection.
Confirm your auto transport company is bonded
Do they have a toll free number you can call
Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone?
Do they offer door to door service?
Always make sure the price they give you is the final cost and there are no hidden charges
Request at least a 3 day window for pick-up and delivery of your vehicle or vehicles
Do they have a physical location address available at their website you can verify
Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with today’s rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle.
Here are a few things to remember prior to shipping your vehicle:
Insure your vehicle has no obvious fluid leaks.
Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion.
Make sure that your vehicle is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection.
Leave only about ¼ tank of gas in the vehicle, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport.
Disable or disconnect anti-theft devices or alarms.
There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the auto shipping process or the car transport.
Remove all personal belongings except standard vehicle items such as jack and spar tire.
Remove after-market or not build-in radios, cassette decks, CD/DVD players and/or toll passes/tags and garage openers.
Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as ground effects, spoilers, fog lights, bike racks, grill covers or wide mirrors, and lower or remove the antenna if possible.
Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage.
Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze and prepared for new climates.
Very slightly open one window to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your vehicle(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport.
There are literally thousands of choices in today’s market place but applying some prudence and asking the right questions will all but guarantee you a safe and reliable auto relocation.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe