ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Car Audio Systems – A Brief Overview
Total Articles: 312
When we hear the phrase car audio, we automatically assume that a person is taking about the sound system in their car or vehicle. The most common piece of audio equipment used in cars in the radio/CD player which in generic terms is known as the head unit. This is the item that is most commonly upgraded and as technology changes and moves forward this is the part of the cars sound system that also changes.
Up to a number of years ago most car audio systems were fitted with a cassette player but this then became a CD player. With technology ever expanding CD players now also have the capability of playing MP3, WMA, AAC, and there are even car stereos that are now going to be equipped with USB slots.
The majority of cars have a CD player and there are others that also include the option for a CD changer which can hold multiple disks. These CD changers can be housed in the car stereos head unit itself or stored in a separate unit which is normally stored in the trunk. Some car stereos now even support DVD players and LCD screens which have been designed to entertain children on long journeys.
Speakers are also an integral part of the audio system in Cars and these are generally located in the doors at the front of the Car and over the trunk in the back of the car. There are a wide range of speakers available on the markets today and just like the head units, technological advances also impact on these.
Another component of the audio system can also include amplifiers and these are vital if you wish to have a number of speakers in your car.
As you can see the audio system in your car does not just consist of the small unit that takes your CDs or plays the radio, and these systems do in fact have a lot more components to them.
Automobiles Articles1. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
2. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
3. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
4. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
6. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
9. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
10. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
11. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
12. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
13. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car
14. Australian Transport Fuel Tanks On Show Across The World
15. Car Essentials – Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
Author: neel patel