ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Avoid A Car Accident!
One of the most tragic things that we too often hear about in almost every city in the world is car accidents. It seems like hardly a week goes by when I do not see on the news or read about a fatal or near fatal car accident that happened somewhere. I have been plagued with thinking about the tragedy of car accidents all week long. Last week a fatal car accident happened in my hometown that took the lives of three teenagers.
Most drivers know ways to avoid a car accident, but how many drivers consciously practice safe driving methods each time they are behind the wheel? I'd say very few. Very rarely are our minds actually focused on driving. We are busily running from errand to errand just trying to keep on top of the plans of our day. We are talking on cell phones and trying to do way too many things at once. It is no wonder that car accidents are happening with increasing frequency when we look at the increasing busyness and need for multi-tasking in our society today.
One of the key ways to avoid a car accident is for you, as a driver, to really pay attention to the task at hand. Commit to not multi-tasking as you drive, especially on busy roads or through crowded intersections. Keep your cell phone turned off or get one of those new headphones that allows your hands to remain on the wheel as you talk. And don't even attempt to read a book or to glance through the newspaper as you drive to work as I see too many drivers doing. Women are often driving and applying last touches to their makeup all the time. Avoid these and other distractions as you drive. The more you are focused on driving alone, the less likely it is that you will get into a car accident.
Another obvious but important way to avoid a car accident is to obey all of the road rules and traffic signals. It is far less likely that you will wind up in a Car accident if you are obeying the speed limit. Yes, the speed limit. How many of us drive under or at the speed limit in every situation? Hardly any I would say. If you can slow down a few miles per hour and avoid a car accident then I'd say it is well worth it.
The bottom line is that all driving carries a risk of a car accident. While you cannot totally prevent an accident from happening, you can take steps of caution and wisdom to lessen your chances of a car accident happening to you.
Automobiles Articles1. Advantages Of Car Insurance In Uae!
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
2. Let An Expert Handle Body Repairs If The Car Is Involved In An Accident
Author: Supreme Accident Repair Centre
3. Gillne.fr Avons Regardé Beaucoup De Robes De Soirée
Author: Cette robe dos nu peut être couplé ave
4. Vw Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
5. How To Choose A Good Online Tyre Selling Company
Author: My Tyre Point
6. Legend Removals Trusted Movers Hampton
7. How To Become A Dump Truck Driver
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. Cash For Cars – Getting The Most For Your Vehicle
Author: Callum Lansell
9. Find Harley Davidson Custom Parts For Your Dream Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Application Of Explosion Proof Fans
Author: Alvin Ross
11. Services Offer To You By Auto Repair Shops
12. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale That Come In The Best Condition And Quality At Affordable Price
13. Get Auto Repair Service From Haggerty Auto Group At Affordable Rates
14. Benefits Of Buying Used Cars From Reliable Dealer
15. Steps Towards Reducing Fuel Consumption Of Construction Equipment
Author: Devesh Singh