ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Avoid A Car Accident!
Total Articles: 399
One of the most tragic things that we too often hear about in almost every city in the world is car accidents. It seems like hardly a week goes by when I do not see on the news or read about a fatal or near fatal car accident that happened somewhere. I have been plagued with thinking about the tragedy of car accidents all week long. Last week a fatal car accident happened in my hometown that took the lives of three teenagers.
Most drivers know ways to avoid a car accident, but how many drivers consciously practice safe driving methods each time they are behind the wheel? I'd say very few. Very rarely are our minds actually focused on driving. We are busily running from errand to errand just trying to keep on top of the plans of our day. We are talking on cell phones and trying to do way too many things at once. It is no wonder that car accidents are happening with increasing frequency when we look at the increasing busyness and need for multi-tasking in our society today.
One of the key ways to avoid a car accident is for you, as a driver, to really pay attention to the task at hand. Commit to not multi-tasking as you drive, especially on busy roads or through crowded intersections. Keep your cell phone turned off or get one of those new headphones that allows your hands to remain on the wheel as you talk. And don't even attempt to read a book or to glance through the newspaper as you drive to work as I see too many drivers doing. Women are often driving and applying last touches to their makeup all the time. Avoid these and other distractions as you drive. The more you are focused on driving alone, the less likely it is that you will get into a car accident.
Another obvious but important way to avoid a car accident is to obey all of the road rules and traffic signals. It is far less likely that you will wind up in a Car accident if you are obeying the speed limit. Yes, the speed limit. How many of us drive under or at the speed limit in every situation? Hardly any I would say. If you can slow down a few miles per hour and avoid a car accident then I'd say it is well worth it.
The bottom line is that all driving carries a risk of a car accident. While you cannot totally prevent an accident from happening, you can take steps of caution and wisdom to lessen your chances of a car accident happening to you.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point