ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Autos As Automatic Pollutants
Total Articles: 399
"Green cars now so that my daughter will have places to drive at tomorrow..." this is a clamor of an American father. Air pollution is everywhere and it is a big problem for most societies.
Air pollution is composed of many environmental factors. They include carbon monoxide, nitrates, sulfur dioxide, ozone, lead, secondhand tobacco smoke and particulate matter. Particulate matter, also known as particle pollution, is composed of solid and liquid particles within the air. It can be generated from vehicle emissions, tire fragmentation and road dust, power generation and industrial combustion, smelting and other metal processing, construction and demolition activities, residential wood burning, windblown soil, pollens, molds, forest fires, volcanic emissions and sea spray. These particles vary considerably in size, composition and origin.
As mentioned, vehicle emission is one of the biggest components. Busy and crowded streets of the United States contribute a lot to the worsening of the air pollution problem.
Carbon monoxide is a major component of air pollution. It is colorless, odorless and highly poisonous gas. It is associated with combustion reaction in cars and other vehicles same with cigarette smoke. Carbon monoxide is harmful because when it is received by the body, the level of oxygen decreases. High levels of CO are a threat to one’s life. Small amounts of CO if being absorbed by the body in a long span of time will still cause respiratory illnesses. Too much exposure may lead to malign health problems.
When you go to streets, there are these cars blowing out too much dark smoke. Studies show that there is a very big negative impact caused by pollution from Cars and other air pollutants.
A study explains that a person’s exposure to poisonous components of air pollution may vary as much within one city as across different cities. After studying 5,000 adults for eight years, the researcher also found that exposure to traffic-related air pollutants was more highly related to mortality than were city-wide background levels. For example, those who lived near a major road were more likely to die of a cardiovascular event.
Some research has estimated that people living in the most polluted U.S. cities could lose between 1.8 and 3.1 years because of exposure to chronic air pollution. This has led some scientists to conclude that:
Short-term exposure to elevated levels of particle pollution is associated with a higher risk of death due to a cardiovascular event.
Hospital admissions for several cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases rise in response to higher concentrations of particle pollution.
Prolonged exposure to elevated levels of particle pollution is a factor in reducing overall life expectancy by a few years.
These facts are really telling us what future awaits Americans if this situation continues. Indeed, a need to regulate vehicle smoke is needed not only for the welfare of the present time, but for the future.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe