ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Everything About Substation Transformer And Power Transformer
Total Articles: 70
Electrical energy is no doubt, one of the important things in people's life. Without it, people cannot go on with their lives normally and they will not be able to enjoy a comfortable life as what they are enjoying now. But sometimes, power interruptions would take place which can certainly not be avoided. In this case, a power transformer will be greatly needed by companies who rely on electrical energy for their day to day operation. Remember that there are various types of transformers available for various companies, but they can greatly benefit from a substation transformer.
Unit substations can be installed indoors or outdoors. It comes with a wide selection of high voltage incoming sections, as well as a wide variety of transformers. It also comes equipped with Switchgear, whichever is suitable to the application. Most of the switchgear assemblies are often configured as a unit substation. The substation transformer follow the same concept of locating transformers closer to the areas of load concentration as well as on areas where utilization voltages takes place in order to minimize the length of the secondary distribution of buses and cables.
Here are some of the best features of a substation transformer that you should know.
• It helps to minimize the lengths of buses and cables, thus, reducing the likelihood of faults and as a result, the voltage regulation will be greatly improved.
• The switchgears are specifically arranges so as to minimize the expenses that will be incurred for installation.
• It features a complete coordination on both electrical and mechanical and also provides for much improved service continuity.
• It comes with wide choices of components as well as ratings in order to meet the exact application required and to allow for extreme flexibility.
More about Substations
In general, substations come with switching, control and protection equipment, and of course, a power transformer. On huge substations, circuit breakers are also installed as a means to interrupt any incidences of short circuits or overload currents which might take place within the network. On the other hand, smaller substation transformer stations make use of a re-closer circuit breaker and some fuses for added protection during the distribution of circuits. The substation units generally do not have any generators although a power transformer should be found nearby. There are also other devices that might be found on the substations and among these are power correction capacitors, as well as voltage regulators.
The substation should come with a metallic fence and must be well grounded as well. This is to protect people from the high voltages that could take place in case there are some faults on the network. Earth faults that happen on the substation transformer might trigger the ground to rise. Remember that the currents that flow on the Earth surface during a fault could cause some metal objects to result to a significantly different voltage as compared to the ground under our feel. This will then lead to potential electrocution.
For more information on Liquid Filled Transformer, you can
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Broadnet Technologies - Meet Us At Mobile World Congress 2017
Author: Mr. Rabih Farah
2. 3d Printer- A Carrier Of Health Risking Elements
Author: Stuart Ting
3. 3 Things You Can Use Online Money Transfer Service For
Author: Amit Gaur
4. 5 Reasons Why Android Phones Are The Best Smartphone
Author: tanjni pache
5. Yoga Studio Software
Author: My Best Studio
6. Issues With Game Consoles And How To Fix Them
Author: Angel Smith
7. Get Your Blackberry Smartphone Repaired From A Reliable Repair Centre Uk
Author: Sara williams
8. Common Ps4 Repair Problems And Its Solutions
9. Best Iphone 5 Screen Repair Centre At Brighton
10. Boost Your Business With Latest Trends In Ios App Development
Author: Harold Vance
11. Best Android Wear Watch Faces Apps For The First Half Of January 2017
Author: Tristan Smithson
12. Trusted Samsung Repair Centre In Birmingham – Samsungrepairing.uk
13. What Are The Different Types Of Plug Sockets?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
14. Nasa’s Tryst With Vr
Author: Binda Shah
15. Purchase Hexagonal Boron Nitride To Use In Making Of Cosmetics
Author: Sukanya Pawar