ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Rising Costs Of Car Body Repair
Total Articles: 14
The body of the car includes all the exterior parts of the car and excludes the engine and all parts that help the car to move. Car body shop is actually a body repair shop which keeps the visible exterior free from scratches and dents and looking its best. There are many things related to repair and maintenance of the car that are looked after by the car body shop such as removal of dents and scratches, painting, cleaning and polishing the metallic surfaces, cleaning, repairing and replacement of fenders or bumpers, lights and glass of the windscreen as well as the hind screen and windows, maintenance and replacement of side rear view mirrors, wipers etc. Working of all the windows, locks and security and lock systems also falls in the purview of the body repair shop.
A car needs to visit a car body shop for many reasons and the maximum work that is done on a car in the body repair shop is when the car body is extensively damaged in an accident. In the older days the skill of the body repair mechanic was of prime importance as even a severely dented car body would be remodeled back to its original shape by the dent expert mechanic and the job would be so well done that one could not make out that a dent job has been done on the car.
Things at the car body shop or body repair shop are different now as car manufacturing companies provide complete parts that are pre painted in the regular colors of the model of the car. Thus if a fender is damaged, it is replaced rather than repaired, the bonnet or the boot cover is replaced if it has been dented. If a light is broken the complete light unit is replaced and not just the broken part. This practice is making repair easy and efficient but very expensive and also very wasteful in management of resources. As even a slightly broken part is not repaired but the whole part is replaced by a completely new part. Naturally, one does not need skilled mechanics who were adept at removing dents but only those who can replace parts.
Apart from creating mounds of waste that is harmful for the environment and that is hardly recycled, replacing the car body parts has also made the process of body repair and maintenance very expensive.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook