ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Rising Costs Of Car Body RepairBy Expert Author: jackson Daren
The body of the car includes all the exterior parts of the car and excludes the engine and all parts that help the car to move. Car body shop is actually a body repair shop which keeps the visible exterior free from scratches and dents and looking its best. There are many things related to repair and maintenance of the car that are looked after by the car body shop such as removal of dents and scratches, painting, cleaning and polishing the metallic surfaces, cleaning, repairing and replacement of fenders or bumpers, lights and glass of the windscreen as well as the hind screen and windows, maintenance and replacement of side rear view mirrors, wipers etc. Working of all the windows, locks and security and lock systems also falls in the purview of the body repair shop.
A car needs to visit a car body shop for many reasons and the maximum work that is done on a car in the body repair shop is when the car body is extensively damaged in an accident. In the older days the skill of the body repair mechanic was of prime importance as even a severely dented car body would be remodeled back to its original shape by the dent expert mechanic and the job would be so well done that one could not make out that a dent job has been done on the car.
Things at the car body shop or body repair shop are different now as car manufacturing companies provide complete parts that are pre painted in the regular colors of the model of the car. Thus if a fender is damaged, it is replaced rather than repaired, the bonnet or the boot cover is replaced if it has been dented. If a light is broken the complete light unit is replaced and not just the broken part. This practice is making repair easy and efficient but very expensive and also very wasteful in management of resources. As even a slightly broken part is not repaired but the whole part is replaced by a completely new part. Naturally, one does not need skilled mechanics who were adept at removing dents but only those who can replace parts.
Apart from creating mounds of waste that is harmful for the environment and that is hardly recycled, replacing the car body parts has also made the process of body repair and maintenance very expensive.
Automobiles Articles1. Advantages Of Car Insurance In Uae!
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
2. Let An Expert Handle Body Repairs If The Car Is Involved In An Accident
Author: Supreme Accident Repair Centre
3. Gillne.fr Avons Regardé Beaucoup De Robes De Soirée
Author: Cette robe dos nu peut être couplé ave
4. Vw Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
5. How To Choose A Good Online Tyre Selling Company
Author: My Tyre Point
6. Legend Removals Trusted Movers Hampton
7. How To Become A Dump Truck Driver
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. Cash For Cars – Getting The Most For Your Vehicle
Author: Callum Lansell
9. Find Harley Davidson Custom Parts For Your Dream Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Application Of Explosion Proof Fans
Author: Alvin Ross
11. Services Offer To You By Auto Repair Shops
12. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale That Come In The Best Condition And Quality At Affordable Price
13. Get Auto Repair Service From Haggerty Auto Group At Affordable Rates
14. Benefits Of Buying Used Cars From Reliable Dealer
15. Steps Towards Reducing Fuel Consumption Of Construction Equipment
Author: Devesh Singh