ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Rising Costs Of Car Body Repair
Total Articles: 14
The body of the car includes all the exterior parts of the car and excludes the engine and all parts that help the car to move. Car body shop is actually a body repair shop which keeps the visible exterior free from scratches and dents and looking its best. There are many things related to repair and maintenance of the car that are looked after by the car body shop such as removal of dents and scratches, painting, cleaning and polishing the metallic surfaces, cleaning, repairing and replacement of fenders or bumpers, lights and glass of the windscreen as well as the hind screen and windows, maintenance and replacement of side rear view mirrors, wipers etc. Working of all the windows, locks and security and lock systems also falls in the purview of the body repair shop.
A car needs to visit a car body shop for many reasons and the maximum work that is done on a car in the body repair shop is when the car body is extensively damaged in an accident. In the older days the skill of the body repair mechanic was of prime importance as even a severely dented car body would be remodeled back to its original shape by the dent expert mechanic and the job would be so well done that one could not make out that a dent job has been done on the car.
Things at the car body shop or body repair shop are different now as car manufacturing companies provide complete parts that are pre painted in the regular colors of the model of the car. Thus if a fender is damaged, it is replaced rather than repaired, the bonnet or the boot cover is replaced if it has been dented. If a light is broken the complete light unit is replaced and not just the broken part. This practice is making repair easy and efficient but very expensive and also very wasteful in management of resources. As even a slightly broken part is not repaired but the whole part is replaced by a completely new part. Naturally, one does not need skilled mechanics who were adept at removing dents but only those who can replace parts.
Apart from creating mounds of waste that is harmful for the environment and that is hardly recycled, replacing the car body parts has also made the process of body repair and maintenance very expensive.
Automobiles Articles1. Bringing A Revolution In Making Better Drivers
Author: Eesha Zaveri
2. Simulators Can Make A Difference.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
3. What Makes Electric Bikes Safer Than Regular Bikes?
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Five Sensible Tips To Avoid Expensive Car Repair
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. Always Buy Pre-owned Used Car
6. Covers | Cover
7. Applying For Auto Loans? Technology Comes To Your Rescue
Author: Kaitlin Miller
8. Avail Audi Car Dealers Miami Services To Own Your Dream Car
9. Make The Best Finance Deal As You Bring Home The Best Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
10. How To Make A New Bought Car A Cost-effective Investment For Future
Author: James Elston
11. 4 Different Ways Of Carwash When There Is No Car Cleaning Tools At Home
Author: Rhys Gibson
12. Modify Your Chopper To Make It One Of A Kind In The World
Author: Levi Fysh
13. The Auto Mechanic Near Me Dilemma
14. Vectra - Top Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Best Skid Steer Loader Brand In India & Europe
15. Franchise Dealerships Selling Quality Used & Pre-owned Vehicles