ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Rising Costs Of Car Body Repair
Total Articles: 14
The body of the car includes all the exterior parts of the car and excludes the engine and all parts that help the car to move. Car body shop is actually a body repair shop which keeps the visible exterior free from scratches and dents and looking its best. There are many things related to repair and maintenance of the car that are looked after by the car body shop such as removal of dents and scratches, painting, cleaning and polishing the metallic surfaces, cleaning, repairing and replacement of fenders or bumpers, lights and glass of the windscreen as well as the hind screen and windows, maintenance and replacement of side rear view mirrors, wipers etc. Working of all the windows, locks and security and lock systems also falls in the purview of the body repair shop.
A car needs to visit a car body shop for many reasons and the maximum work that is done on a car in the body repair shop is when the car body is extensively damaged in an accident. In the older days the skill of the body repair mechanic was of prime importance as even a severely dented car body would be remodeled back to its original shape by the dent expert mechanic and the job would be so well done that one could not make out that a dent job has been done on the car.
Things at the car body shop or body repair shop are different now as car manufacturing companies provide complete parts that are pre painted in the regular colors of the model of the car. Thus if a fender is damaged, it is replaced rather than repaired, the bonnet or the boot cover is replaced if it has been dented. If a light is broken the complete light unit is replaced and not just the broken part. This practice is making repair easy and efficient but very expensive and also very wasteful in management of resources. As even a slightly broken part is not repaired but the whole part is replaced by a completely new part. Naturally, one does not need skilled mechanics who were adept at removing dents but only those who can replace parts.
Apart from creating mounds of waste that is harmful for the environment and that is hardly recycled, replacing the car body parts has also made the process of body repair and maintenance very expensive.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe