ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Use Of Obfuscating Technology For Software Protection
Total Articles: 1
To obfuscate means that act of making something in a way the people find it difficult to understand. The same word bears a similar meaning in the computing world. Here it refers to software protection where developers use unique codes that humans cannot understand with ease. Of particular interest here is the NET obfuscator software created by Skater. The programmers working on obfuscation software have focused on using codes that are hard to comprehend. In most cases, they simply make programs that are straight forward a little bit harder. This is made possible through the use of a conversion tool or obfuscator.
The idea behind NET obfuscator technology is to make programs more secure. In these days when hacking is prevalent, software protection is not an option. As a programmer, the software you create is an intellectual property. If you do not take proactive measures, someone else might use your codes and come up with parallel software. They may end up benefit unfairly from your hard work. Through obfuscation, you are able to protect software from unauthorized people. Only a few people belonging to the software owner’s team are able to read the codes. Besides, using encrypted software hastens the processing speed.
You should always bear in mind that any person who is determined to crack your software will still do so. Nonetheless, NET obfuscator ensures that any attempt at reverse engineering is thwarted. That way, no person can get into the product of your intellect easily. Software protection means a lot to any business. You can imagine what would happen if someone gains unauthorized entry into your company’s computer system. There is no telling what such unscrupulous people would do. Some would steal your data and share it with competitors. That would be a big blow to your operations.
The Skater .NET software provides code protection in numerous ways. Examples that are worth of mention include mangling names, encoding strings and control flow. Once you have acquired the software, downloading and installing it takes a short time. Usually, this is in the range of 3-5 minutes. You should first talk to your software provider about the needs of your organization. Skater has designed their obfuscating software for use per machine. You can also go for an option that runs from a server. You also need to inquire about technical support. In the event that you need an update every year, this can also be arranged.
As a parting shot, it is important that you remember how this software does its work. All you need to do is feed the software you are using into an obfuscator. To another party, the software will appear to be doing its work but you will not know what is going on. This is akin to trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle only for the resultant pattern to have no useful meaning. This serves to enhance the safety of your software. Even if there are vulnerable areas, potential hackers will not be able to see them. The other advantage comes when you are upgrading.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality