ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
A Web Design Guide For Creating Spectacular Compelling Websites
Total Articles: 154
At a minimum, novice web designers need to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of web design in order to develop websites that are both appealing and effective. Besides the information in this article, there are lots of online sources that provide information on web design. Here are some smart tips to design better websites.
Speed is vital when it comes to the Internet; therefore, you should ensure that your pages load really fast. If visitors have to wait and sit for a long time as your website load, there is a big chance that they will click away from you website and go elsewhere. They will probably not come back as well.
With a newsletter, you'll get repeat users. Let your customers sign up for important events and updates so that they return to your site. Place the form for signup in a sidebar or at the top of the pages in your site, and track those who sign up. Only send out a newsletter to people who have subscribed to it, otherwise you will have angry customers.
Consider your website's background carefully. Some sites use moving GIFs in the background, but that can make text hard to read. Your audience will have a more pleasurable browsing experience if your background is conducive to reading your text.
Try writing a good "About Us" page. Most websites don't have very interesting copy in this area. Try to make yours interesting! Get a little personal with this information by describing how you got started with web design, who your family members are, and what your business goals are.
Review your site for broken links regularly. Complete your error check before uploading your site and going live. You want to avoid broken links, because they make your visitors especially frustrated by promising certain content and then failing to deliver it. To avoid this, check to make sure everything works.
When you design your website, remember that you do have have to fill up every bit of space. When you use all available pixels, the result can be an overwhelmingly cluttered website. Leaving sufficient gaps between the different page elements will make people more comfortable. You would be surprised how empty space can often be as valued as content.
Web design has the potential to be beautiful -- but it must be done right. Creating a great design isn't difficult, but there are a few key elements that you must understand. Reread the tips in this article to help you grasp the fundamentals of making superior web designs.
Web Design Articles1. Components Of Web Design For Beginners
2. Web Development Company Bangalore
3. Simple Gmail Specifications That Will Make Your Life Easier
Author: Donald Goldberg
4. Web Development Company In Australia
5. Understanding Social Media
Author: Eduhive creative studio
6. Make Your Presence Online With Best Ecommerce Web Design In India Services
7. Top Emerging Trends In Ecommerce Website Designing
8. Hiring A Good Web Development Company In Delhi To Stay Ahead
9. Hire The Best Logo Designers In New Delhi
10. Ecommerce Website Designing Company In Delhi
11. Developing A Powerful And An Interactive E-commerce Website To Boost The Sale
12. New Ways To Upgrade Your Website
Author: optimist pritam
13. What Are The Advantages Of Magento Ecommerce Development?
14. New Bigcommerce Stencil Themes For Your Store- Stencil Theme Store
Author: Stencil Theme
15. Going Global- Bigcommerce Customer Management By Stencil Theme
Author: Stencil Theme