ALL >> Health >> View Article
Some Information About Catheters
Total Articles: 15
In the field of medicine, a catheter is a thin tube that is taken away from medical grade materials thereby serving a wide range of functions. It is a device that can be inserted into the body for treating diseases or performing surgical procedures. Nowadays, different medical device firms are operating and it is highly essential that the hospitals will have to procure the required devices from quality manufacturers for ensuring that they can get the best for providing error-free treatment to their patients. These manufacturing firms are well aware of the right type of catheter needed for ophthalmic, neurovascular, gastrointestinal, urological and cardiovascular applications. This is why they have a different catheter assembly for different applications.
It can be inserted into the body and is used for different purposes like administration of gases for anesthesia or fluids like glucose, blood, etc.…. They are also used for access by surgical instrument and depending on the type, it can perform many other functions. The process of inserting this tube into the body is called as catheterization. Even though, they are generally soft and flexible in nature, there are also available in different levels of stiffness and thickness and the right selection should be made depending on the application for which it is needed. Those that are attached to the body either temporarily or permanently is called as indwelling catheter. The latter alternative is called as permcath. Here are the details about some of the users of catheter assembly:
1. Drainage of urine from the bladder when an individual is not able to empty his bladder naturally due to some health issues.
2. Drainage of urine from the kidney in the case of some problems in the functioning of kidney.
3. Administration of anesthetic medicines during surgeries
4. For direct measurement of blood pressure in a vein or an artery
The above-mentioned uses are just a few to mention. This is because a catheter can be used for a wide range of medical applications as mentioned earlier.
Different types of polymers are used by medical device manufacturing firms for the creation of these tubes like polyethylene terephthalate, nylon, rubber, silicone, thermoplastic elastomers, etc.…. As mentioned earlier, hospitals must be careful about the selection of the right medical device manufacturing firm for procuring the required devices and particularly if the hospital conducts surgeries to patients, the catheter will be highly essential and for ensuring that the quality product should be procured, an experienced firm should be selected.
This content has been taken from http://www.amazines.com/article_detail_new.cfm/6084470?articleid=6084470
If you are in search of Medical device tubing, then IMDS is right place. It is the world's top Medical device company which offers wide range of innovative medical components such as injection molding, extrusions, shafts, Catheter insert molding and more. For more info, please Click Here.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab