ALL >> General >> View Article
Botox For Migraines?
Total Articles: 2
If you are living in NYC chances are you or someone you know suffers from migraine headaches. The pain can be unbearable. And even after taking medications and making lifestyle changes prescribed by migraine doctors, the chronic migraines may not subside. When all else fails, Botox—yes, the fountain-of-youth miracle injection—is now a potential solution.
Botox, or Botulinum toxin, has been extremely popular in the world of cosmetic surgery since the late 1980s. It serves two functions as a neurotoxin and a protein. Produced in nature by bacteria, researchers developed purified botox for medical purposes. While it is effective in addressing a host of issues, it is most popularly used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the face by causing paralysis of the facial muscles. The effects can last from three to six months. It is given by injection and is a much less invasive treatment as opposed to a face lift. In addition to its cosmetic benefits, Botox has also been found to be useful in the treatment of severe, chronic migraines.
Botox was approved by the FDA in 2010 as an effective alternative to assist individuals who are plagued with serious, chronic bouts of migraine headaches. Migraine doctors only recommend it for victims of the most extreme cases of migraines. It is prescribed for individuals who suffer from this crushing form of headache at least 15 days out of the month. Headaches must persist four hours or more. It is important to note that individuals who have migraines 14 days or less do not tend to benefit from Botox treatments. Botox is not effective for other forms of headaches. Nor is it recommended for everyone.
Botox is administered by doctors who have received specialized training in locating the proper points to provide injections. When injected into specific locations on the head and neck, it can actually extinguish a migraine headache, providing swift relief and altering the lives of those who deal with the terrible burden of intense pain on a regular basis. Botox has also been shown to actually prevent the occurrence of migraines, reducing the number of attacks that patients face on a monthly basis. As a preventive therapy, it can be administered every three months. A physician will use a fine needle in order to provide injections to seven key areas in the neck and head. However, there is potential for a headache or a migraine to be triggered in response to a preventive treatment.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln