ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Features Of An Emergency Shelters
Total Articles: 334
Emergency shelters are those which are setup in an area that has rendered people homeless due to a natural calamity. People who have been rendered homeless are moved into or provided emergency shelters. Emergency services like the Red Cross, Red Crescent, and UNHCR are the bodies that respond by providing emergency shelters for the homeless. The first steps taken by these emergency services are to find a large building that's safe and can house homeless people. Usually a school building, or a hall are taken over and the homeless are shifted into it.
If there is no safe building left standing after a natural calamity has struck, alternate emergency-shelters have to be provided. One type of emergency-shelter which is very commonly used is tents. An open area is selected and tents to accommodate families are setup on it. Other than the tents, other emergency facilities are also required. The first and foremost is fresh clean drinking water. The other requirement is food and medical supplies. People who have been left homeless due to a disaster are vaccinated against diseases that can spread in that area due to unhygienic conditions. Then proper bedding, clothing becomes the next necessary requirement.
Therefore an emergency-shelter has to provide the basic necessities required for human beings to survive. These are; a place to stay which is safe from the elements of the environment; water and food to sustain them, and clean clothes for them to wear. Emergency medical supplies with trained medical staff that can treat major to minor injuries have to be available at emergency centers.
The facilities that need to be provided at an emergency-shelter will depend on the duration of the center remaining operational. If it's permanent emergency-shelter then bedding, food, washing and toilet facilities will need to be provided on a permanent basis. If it's a temporary emergency facility then additional facilities like medical care and schooling will need to be provided.
There are other types of emergency-shelters also which are erected on mountains, trails, deserts and other similar terrains where occasionally people stop by. There are emergency rations, fuel for fires and in some shelters an emergency phone is installed. These shelters provide temporary shelter for people who are caught in a sudden storm and need shelter from the elements. In some places emergency-shelters have been turned into permanent shelters, like in war zones.
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the author have good knowledge about sin ground tornado shelters, tornado shelter cost & safe room oklahoma city,In-ground & Underground halters in Oklahoma City.
To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami