ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Points To Consider Before Investing In Limoges Trinket Boxes
Total Articles: 11
Looking for investments in an elegant Limoges porcelain box? In reality you are looking towards purchasing an heirloom that you can pass down the generations.
Remember, upscale porcelain pieces and Limoges trinket boxes are not only pretty and exquisite, they are also expensive. So, before you decide to pay for your selected trinket box, take a pause. You need to know a little more about how to hunt for collectible Limoges porcelain boxes –the right way!
• If you are finding it difficult to assess the intrinsic worth and value of the piece available to you, then take a closer look at the quality of its painting. The designs etched on the same are more important than the production date of the piece. Higher the quality of the painting—higher the price.
• Collectible stores boast of authentic porcelain pieces that are seldom imitations of classy Limoges trinket boxes. So, instead of looking at places that may fleece you with products that are not genuine, you need to be careful in selecting vendors that inspire confidence in your purchases.
• A great way to trigger off your search is by going through collector books and e-catalogs that offer sufficient information on the various patterns and styles available from the eras gone by.
• It is very crucial to understand that Limoges porcelain boxes are not a brand. Neither are they manufactured by any reputed company. Limoges refers to the name of a region in France—which is famous for porcelain pieces. Ever since late 1700s, millions of genuine porcelain pieces have been finding their way out of factories that have mushroomed in the area.
• Before freezing your purchase, look for the words 'Décor Main' or 'Peint Main' at the bottom of or on the box. These words authenticate that the trinket box is hand painted. Boxes with the mark 'Rehausse Main' come to you with a combination of hand painted detailing and decal transfer.
Over generations, many companies have been producing these fine pieces of art. However, only a few of them are known for their renowned decal transfer work, high quality hand painted designs and effective firing. So, you must have a clear insight about the nature and origin of your porcelain .Take out good time to speak to other collectors/ art lovers and research upon the best Limoges dealers and producers across the world.
Porcelain jewelry boxes from Limoges come in fancy shapes and designs and catch the eye of discerning collectors—in more ways than one. Their steep costs make it important for buyers to have a good look into their authenticity and quality. With these guidelines in place, you can look forward to more additions to your collection –in the best way possible.
Paul Karrels has been interested in collecting small antiques from an early age by the inspiration of his grandfather. He has since improve his knowledge of antiques and design through research in the web and reading books. His recent articles and blogs on the limoges porcelain have been very useful to antique collectors, antique lovers and limoges trinket boxes dealers.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 4 Autumn Activities To Make Your Kid Happy
2. 3 Ways To Style A Lightweight Sweater
3. Sell A Card. Buy 'your' Gift Card!
Author: Robert Wilson
4. Invicta I-force Quartz Chronograph 20138 Men’s Watch A Winner Without Gimmicks
5. Why Should You Learn Archery?
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Beginner’s Guide For Bow Hunting
Author: Zack Ayala
7. Karwa Chauth Celebration With Proper Karwa Chauth Kit
Author: Divishi Verma
8. Trendymomtobe - Buy Nursing Pillows Online
Author: Nadia Andre
9. Gold Buyers Chhatarpur
10. Cash For Gold Chhatarpur
11. Install Room Air Purifiers And Own A Good Health
Author: Herb ENNS
12. S H Raza Artist
13. Factors To Remember While Buying Cookware For A Modern Home
14. Temple Jewellery In Bangalore
15. Top Three E Juice Flavors To Taste In 2017
Author: Smikon Spades