ALL >> General >> View Article
Gas Tight Fans And Blowers
Total Articles: 30
AB Blower Co. now offers gas-tight and zero leakage steam-jacketed blowers for Sulfur Recovery in Chemical Industry.
Hydrogen Sulfide H2S is a main source of sulfur. In high concentrations it can be lethal. It occurs in natural gas, oil, volcanic emissions, and some mineral springs. In oil rfining processes its presence is undesirable, and it must be removed. The Clause process is one of the methods used to remove the hydrogene sulphide, and while doing so, recover elementar sulfur.
In pactice this sulfur removal process requires a gas-tight, zero leakage, high temperature and high pressure blower for intermittent duty that must handle toxic gases and must be capable of being brought on line immediately upon demand. To do this the following features on the blower must be provided:
- Double welded casing construction;
- Steam flows between the housing walls to maintain a constant 285 F gas temperature inside the fan (because below 285 F sulfur will change from a gaseous to a solid state and will "freeze" to the blower surfaces causing damage or destruction);
- A mechanical shaft seal with heat tracing and purge by air or nitrogen;
- To assure tight tolerances between the shaft and shaft seal, the housing should be supported at the centerline, and grows concentric to the fan shaft when exposed to heat.: since this support isolates housing from the drive and mounting bases, housing thermal growth doesn't cause forces to be applied to these bases.
- To prevent the shaft from taking a permanent set when the blower is idle but still exposed to the high temperature, a turning gear is provided to keep the blower rotating at a very slow speed of 25 - 40 RPM; alternatively a VFD speed control can be used
Steam jacketed construction can also be used in other thermally critical chemical processes. As to air-tifgt and zero-emission construction, it is used in the following industries:
* Pollution Control
* Pulp and Paper Industry
* Printing and Converting
* Chemical Plants
* Power Generation
* Research and Development
* Food Processing
* Paint and Ink Industries
for containment of hazardous organic and inorganic compounds in industrial process plants and other critical applications. Special construction and shaft sealing devices are available for blower service requiring zero or minimal gas leakage into and out of casing.
AB Blower has a lot of experince with gas-tight and zero-leakage construction on fans and blowers, including: multistage lip shaft seals; Buna-N, Viton and Teflon seals; mechanical shaft seals; special fan housing gasketings; single and double carbon ring seals; hermetically sealed blowers; magnetofluidic and ferrofluidic seals; and packed stuffing boxes with barrier liquids and purgeable seals.
Specific code welding processes and special fan design features are used too - to ensure complete gas tight integrity.
Some special materials and alloys frequently used in gas tight fans, especially for service in hazardous, abrasive, corrosive and high temperature environments, include:
Corten, ASTM A36 Carbon Steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Stainless Steels of different kinds, Titanium, Monel, Aluminum, Teflon, Rubber LIning. These materials are typical for industrial applications requiring high strength alloys and super alloys too.
AB Blower is a world wide distributor of industrial process ans OEM fans and blowers, as well as fan components; including high pressure blowers, high temperature fans, spark resistant and explosion proof ventilators, tubeaxial and vaneaxial high pressure ventilators. Canada Blower also does existing fans and blowers repairs, re-build, as well as dynamical wheels balancing.
Additional information can be found at the AB Blower company web site http://www.abbblower.com/index.html
Designer of Industrial Air Handling Units
AB Blower Co.
General Articles1. Boosting Your Marketing Business In 5 Simple Steps – Education Industry Mailing List
Author: deena jose
2. Cyber Security Trends Of 2018 To Look Out For
Author: Edward Lewis
3. 5 Effective Methods To View Security Cameras Over The Internet
Author: Bradon Wilson
4. Top Coaching Centers For Ias Exams In Bangalore
Author: Our Education
5. The Top Cancer Hospital In Delhi; Action Hospital
Author: ponting brown
6. Learn How To Merge Aol Mailboxes
7. Find Out How To Change Text Fonts For Aol
Author: Edward Lewis
8. How To Re-install Webroot Antivirus On Your Computer?
9. Have Delightful Experiences With Cheap Paris Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
10. Dr. Abhishek Kumar Mishra
Author: DR ABHISHEK KUMAR MISHRA
11. Understand The Gravity Of Online Customer Reviews
Author: Hvantage Technologies
12. Pourquoi Les Interrupteurs Intelligents Ne Peuvent Pas être Utilisés Sans Neutre
13. How To Make Mounted Kraft Roll At Home
Author: Adam Frances
14. Ce Mariage Est Incroyablement Magnifique Et Implique Une Mariée Moderne Super élégant
15. Importance Of Good Food And Exercise For Fitness
Author: Ashish balguer