ALL >> General >> View Article
8 Useful Tips For Protecting Your Eyes
Total Articles: 5
Did you know that your eyes are capable of processing up to 36,000 bits of information per hour? Our eyes are an extremely important and irreplaceable asset that we will need until the very end of our lives and this is why it is so crucial to take care of them. With this in mind, here are 8 steps for preventing vision problems:
1. Get acquainted with the eye health history of your family. Has anyone in your family tree had glaucoma? Or are cataracts a common occurrence? The truth of the matter is that genetics play a significant role in determining whether you have a predisposition towards a slew of eye problems. With that in mind, if you are aware that you are at a particularly high risk of developing a certain eye condition or eye disease, you can take preventative steps towards protecting yourself from these.
2. Set an appointment for an eye exam. In order to ensure that your eyes are in excellent shape, it is essential to schedule an eye exam so that you can be aware if your eyes are in tiptop shape and seeing as they should be. Your optometrist will also be conducting a visual acuity test in order to find out whether you will need to wear eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct your vision. Dilated eye exams are also conducted for inspecting the eyes to see if there are any signs of damage or disease like glaucoma, age related macular degeneration, or cataracts.
3. Eat a proper diet for eye nourishment. Believe it or not, there is truth to the old adage that carrots are good for the eyes. Some vitamins and nutrients that you should be on the lookout for include vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin E. All of the aforementioned are useful for alleviating your risk of developing AMD, a common eye disease which can eventually result in blindness. Some good examples of eye-nourishing food include oranges, leafy greens, turkey, chickens, almonds, peanut butter, salmon, halibut, tuna, and strawberries.
4. Put on your sunglasses. If you don’t know it already, there’s so much more to sunnies than just making a fashion statement. Sunnies are useful for preventing cataracts and crow’s feet as well. Ultraviolet rays are very damaging to the eyes regardless of what season it is. Be sure to pick up a pair that offers 100 percent UVA and UVB radiation protection.
5. Exercise for sharper eyesight. Vigorous exercise is very useful for protecting your eyes from cataracts and AMD. Whether your choice of cardiovascular activity involves biking, skating, dancing, lifting weights or swimming, all of these serve as protection against inflammation in your body that can have a negative impact on your eyes.
6. Don’t ignore dry and irritated eyes. If your eyes tend to feel like they’re itchy, burning, scratchy, or dry, don’t neglect what you are feeling. First off, it is perfectly normal for eyes to feel more dry as you advance in age as our level of tear production decreases through the years. To remedy this, consume more foods that are rich in vitamin A such as cantaloupes, mangoes and carrots. Humidifiers are also useful for adding moisture into the air. When outdoors, put on a pair of sunglasses to stay protected from the sun and the wind. You can also inquire with your doctor about artificial medicines.
7. Limit your computer usage. Excessive computer usage can cause eyestrain leading to dry and tired eyes. In order to reduce this, keep the 20-20-20 rule in mind. This means looking away from your computer every 20 minutes to a distance that is 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
8. Keep protected from eye injuries whenever necessary. Whether you like to engage in contact sports or are doing chores around the house, use eyeglasses that are made of polycarbonate if you wear eyeglasses. Safety goggles should also be worn when using household cleaning products that contain potentially harmful chemicals. Be sure to wash your hands immediately afterwards as well.
Be sure to keep all of these tips in mind in order to take care of your eyes!
Outstanding results are right in front of you if you're serious about improving your eyesight and getting rid of your glasses. Check out the Vision Without Glasses Review and discover how you can experience perfect vision - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esn5RIrF940
General Articles1. Best Live Sap Ui5 Training Institution In Bangalore With 100% Placements
2. Things To Remember Before Gifting Silver Jewelries To Your Beloved One
Author: Bryan Gentles
3. My Qualification
Author: By me
4. Signs That Indicate Your Electrical Panel Is Not Working Properly
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh
5. The Most Important Components Of B2b Web Design
Author: Joseph Symons
6. StАУІng On TОР Of ThЕ GАmЕ: Enjoy RЕСurrІng MОnthlУ InСОmЕ
Author: Rohit Seth is a passionate businessmen.
7. How To Find The Best Movers Jonesboro Ar?
Author: Nathan White
8. Buying Cool Socks For Men – Quality Is The Most Important Factor
Author: Jason Simmons
9. Stop Wasting Time On Selecting A Proper Usb Webcam For Desktop Or Laptop In Windows 7/8/10/vista
10. 6 Undeniable Benefits Of Online Project Management Software
Author: Lincol Jalek
11. Piling - What Exactly Is Piling
Author: threeway steel
12. Surgeries Making It Possible
Author: Ahmed Shaikh
13. 4 Quick Tips To Prepare Seo-friendly Blog Posts
Author: Eliza Molly
14. Hair Transplantation In Hyderabad
15. Laser Wire Stripping
Author: Solder Training