ALL >> Family >> View Article
Help Your Child Build Character
Total Articles: 57
Have you stopped to watch that child comforting a crying toddler? We can spot them anywhere in the crowd. Children with great attitude makes them different from the rest of their peers is how they respond to different situations. They are friendly, helpful, well-liked, open to new ideas, and cheerful. So what makes them different? That is what we call attitude and we want to discuss all the character building act ivies for the kids.
Malvika Chatterjee says, “I think it all depends on the character lessons taught at home, where the parents take time to instill good values in the children and be a good role model themselves. No amount of good schooling can substitute that.” Home is the first place where we develop personality of children, everything else is secondary.
Mrs. Oomana John, retired school counselor, says, “Values can range from being kind, polite, generous, truthful, loving and forgiving. The golden rule we followed in our home was to ‘Do to others as you would have them do to you,’ and that covered everything to build Child character.”
When it seems that only the street smart can survive, how do we instill these values? Here are a few tried and tested ideas from moms like you.
Stress on kids character rather than performance and achievements. Stick to the saying, “Zero is better than copying!” The same principle applies when your child feels like telling a lie to escape your anger. If your child chooses to tell you the truth and risk discipline, be forgiving.
Teach your child to make good choices. Explain the differences and the consequences of different choices. Point out to the child when they make a right choice. Use real life situations to point out the consequences of right choices.
Always remember to develop right personality of your children it is important to appreciate it when it is required. Acknowledge displays of good behavior and character whenever you see them. If a child’s friend displays politeness by greeting you, come back home and talk about it to highlight the behavior. Children learn a lot from these bite-sized teachable moments.
Let good manners and right values be the part of your family. You can’t swear in front of your child or yell at your spouse and expect your child to control their anger.
Curb negative influences as much as possible. A friend who constantly lies, a television show with a lot of swearing and a book with offensive values must be kept at an arm’s distance.
Values like hard work and perseverance will help them perform well in studies and all areas of life. So focus on character rather than achievement. Remember, “Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking.”
Instill habit of reading good books and Ideal people and their autobiographies, at least you can show some good documentaries about individuals and their character when they were nobody.
To develop Child personality everything shouldn’t be reward based. Make them understand that sometime it could get tough but right character could endure and steer away in the end.
Visit our Mom and Me Shop for Online Shopping. http://www.momandmeshop.in
Family Articles1. How To Choose The Right Adoption Agency
Author: Marc Deschamps
2. Mobile Dog Grooming Sandton Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Dog’s Health!
3. Show Your Love By Gifting The Best Gift They Deserve
Author: eAlpha Shopping
4. Mobile Dog Grooming Midrand Brings Maximum Convenience For The Pet Owners!
5. Mobile Dog Grooming Randburg Helps Pets To Stay Healthy And Happy On A Long Run!
6. Live The High Life With Loft Living
Author: Harp Kaur
7. When To Hire Ca Live-in Care Agency?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
8. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Lead A Quality Lifestyle At The Elderly Age
9. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
12. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
13. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
14. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
15. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont