ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Tips To Add Humor To Your Comedy Writing
Total Articles: 8
Comedy is an integral part of life that can’t be ignored. Whether you are out on a movie or having a fight with your loved one or just a casual walk on the roadside you would find a humorous situation nevertheless. If you are wishing to take up the profession of standup or want to learn the essence of joke writing for personal purposes then you should understand that it is a skill that takes time to develop. It’s not something you would catch hold of in a day or too. But you know every art have some tips attached to it which would definitely give you an edge and help.
Here are some how to write comedy tips that could help you in this regard:
Rule of the Unexpected: This is the tip that works most of the times. Have you ever wondered as what actually makes us laugh? Isn’t it something that comes to you just unexpected? With this I mean whenever any friend of your tells you a joke your logical side of mind start developing an image around the situation and at the end a very out of the box and senseless situation comes up that bursts you up. So while writing jokes try to put some elements that are just not related with your theme as it can help in creating the laughs you were expecting.
Where Repetition can Work- Have you ever noticed that whenever you watch a comedy sitcom or a gig or read a comedy strip there are many characters or lines that are often repeated. It’s so because the hosts have created an image in your mind of a funny character that associates with that particular character or line. This could be useful as it can help you in a creating a funny atmosphere at your gig with just a word.
Be short- It is good to have a well explained joke but don’t stretch it too much that your audience loses interest. Try to write jokes that are short and crisp as they would engage the crowds better.
Innovative and Smart - At a gig don’t repeat the jokes or situations that are not that relevant nowadays. Try to inculcate some fresh content every time. For this you can take the help of regular news coverage, TV shows and Hollywood gossip stories. You can use these situations and revolve a story around it. And yes without the original characters as it’s not the characteristic of a good comic writer.
I hope these tips might help you in your joke writing expedition. If you find the process a bit difficult then it’s advised to take the help of professionals in this regard. There are many schools that offer standup comedy classes in Los Angeles that cover effective writing skills. These schools are led by eminent professionals who will train you on the methodologies of comedy writing.
Entertainment Articles1. How To Access The Satta Matka Chart Today
Author: Pankaj Kumar
2. Tours Of Morocco
3. Commercial Photography Los Angeles Services Can Make A Big Difference For You!
Author: Hardin Piepers
4. Dindi Resorts In Coastal Andhra, Resorts In Andhra Pradesh, Resorts In Godavari
Author: Dindi Resort
5. Meet A Wedding Planner In Udaipur: Moving Knots
Author: Hari Paliwal
6. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil - Reasons To Watch This Romantic Movie
Author: Mohit Kapoor
7. Great Gatsby Party Entertainment Adds A Vintage Twist To Your Party
8. Rebiew- The Indian Attempt On Anonymous Feedback Trend
9. Read Nature Poetry Books By Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
Author: Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
10. Why Should You Join A Dance Class?
Author: John Watson
11. Key Considerations While Renting A Photo Booth
Author: Photoworks Interactive
12. How To Watch Online Tv For Free
Author: Adam Gilchrist
13. Satta Matka Betting For A Wealthy Fate
Author: Pankaj Kumar
14. Know Why Kidzania Is The Best Attraction Park For Kids
Author: Bhawana Nirman
15. The 1920s Dancers For Hire Surely Electrifies The Dance Floors With Yesteryear Entertainment